Bad picture on new high end Samsung 4K led

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad picture on new high end Samsung 4K led

Cqac3
Extra
I recently replaced and old plasma with a very high quality 4K led Samsung curved tv, when the shows or movies are in a dark scene the picture is very blurry and blocky, hard to make out what is being shown. I have Hopper 2 with sling using monster hdmi cables, when I watch a movie from my blu ray player the picture is perfect, Roku is perfect, only bad while watching through dish. Please help with any solution thanks
4 Replies

Re: Bad picture on new high end Samsung 4K led

DISH Employee
Have you tried setting the receiver's quality output to 1080i/1080p?
(Menu>Settings>Screen Adjustments>HDTV)

Cqac3
Extra
Yes it is on 1080 everything looks great until you get to a scene that is dark

DISH Employee
Sounds like the TV's contrast / dynamic contrast needs to be changed since the older TV was not having any issues. Different HDMI cables will typically not have any kind of adverse effect compared to one another. We would recommend contacting Samsung on how best to set up your new 4K TV to get the best picture possible as your TV may need to be calibrated.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
There may be a compatibility issue. My Toshiba tube TV died two years ago. It was replaced by a mid level Samsung. Connected a 311 receiver and got a scene flick every seven seconds. Exchanged TV, same problem. Connected the 311 to my 19" kitchen Vizio, no flick, exchanged the 311 receiver and connected to replacement Samsung, got flick. No help from DISH techs or Samsung. Replaced the 311 with a 211k receiver. Problem gone, prefect video. Bottom line was that the 311 receiver was not compatible with the Samsung TV.
Since the blu ray and roku are perfect, it may be an issue with the hopper 2/sling not being friendly with Samsung.