BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Keep reading and it continues on that you do not pay for software applications.

Didn't find it there, Bud.....but, i would say that you should go have a beer and a massage. I am sure your back hurts from carrying so much water. Enjoy your Sunday.

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I have no issues here. I honestly do not care if people leave, and what for. The fact remains, however, that no customer pays for that service.

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

mikejl46
Camera Crew
Why not just remove it all together? worthless as it is. On second thought maybe not, may end up breaking something else.

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

Major Havoc
Cinematographer
jimgreen1972 wrote:
move on from the home media.. use plex via the firestick or roku.. its way better interface.. and it actually works!


Of course but you have completely missed the point. IF they advertise a feature, support the damn feature. I would prefer to use one box, not the half dozen I so I seem to need now to watch different stuff where each box gets it's subset of content.

FYI: I am using Plex and Roku for more and more stuff these days. Makes me wonder if I should just move on from Dish at times.

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

Major Havoc
Cinematographer
bobknob wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:
You're not paying for it though.

Yes we are paying for it in the price of our subscription. There is a COST for dish to do development and this is passed on in the prices set for subscriptions, upgrades, etc.

And as a consumer of dish products, we are paying for it with our time to try to get a resolution.


I agree. I picked and PAID to upgrade to Hopper 3 (more per month as well) because it had a feature I wanted and used. Sorry, it is definitely paid for.

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

Major Havoc
Cinematographer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Keep reading and it continues on that you do not pay for software applications.


You are not going to convince Chas otherwise, but I full agree that we ultimately pay for ALL services on the box. It is used as differentiating features to entice customers to the service, and we are paying for that. Chad, your argument is wrong IMO as well. No company gives away free features, as they cost money to develop and support. I will not continue to argue it here because it is obvious you have made up your mind and will not consider otherwise. Fine, but as the original poster, I BELIEVE I pay for an advertised feature, and it is not being supported.

ENd of discussion for me,

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

Major Havoc
Cinematographer
Major Havoc wrote:
Once again, several shows I have set to "keep" failed to save.

ALSO, I note that the problem with Home Media showing up as a tiny image in the upper right corner is STILL NOT FIXED. Just how long does it take to fix a bug that used to work correctly. This too is over 6 months old. The latest software is even more messed up than before. Now, trying to play a home media file results in the small image showing some random video from the DVR.


I have found a really strange workaround, and hopefully this might help them fix the bug, but it requires the use of the older remote with the red, green, yellow and blue buttons (not sure how to do this on the other remote):

* When you start a Home Media file and it is stuck in the upper right corner, quickly press the red button twice. This will bring up the Accessibility panel.
* Select Magnify and turn it on.
* Press cancel.

The image will now fill the screen. However, you will need to do this every time you exit and re-enter home media.

Sort of a work around.

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

bobknob
Costume Designer
Don't worry about it.....just because you pay your bill, it doesn't mean that you should get ALL the features nor be able to find a way to make it work to your satisfaction.

Let it go.....it is, what it is.....

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

Major Havoc
Cinematographer
bobknob wrote:
Don't worry about it.....just because you pay your bill, it doesn't mean that you should get ALL the features nor be able to find a way to make it work to your satisfaction.

Let it go.....it is, what it is.....


What are you talking about? I'm simply pointing out a workaround. If you wish to let it go, please do so. And I will assume you have done so.