BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
Once again, several shows I have set to "keep" failed to save.

This time, "Somewhere Between", aired on 7-26-17 and 8-1-17 at 10 PM on ABC (KGO Ch 7 in the Bay Area) are not properly being saved to the DVR. The show on 7-26, which is also recorded on Prime Time Anytime, was saved as only the last 26 minutes. The one on 8-1 was not saved at all, but rather the show that preceded. The last one I could recover from PTAT, which still had it recorded, and saved manually correctly. But the automatic save failed.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember, and does not seem to have been addressed by Dish. Note that it is ALWAYS a PTAT recording set to "keep" that causes this. Also note that the PTAT recording is fine, and the recording was at the regularly scheduled time, and not moved by the network.

I am paying a lot of money for the Hopper 3 DVR, as well as extra money now for the local channels, and your box is failing regularly.

Please address this problem.

ALSO, I note that the problem with Home Media showing up as a tiny image in the upper right corner is STILL NOT FIXED. Just how long does it take to fix a bug that used to work correctly. This too is over 6 months old. The latest software is even more messed up than before. Now, trying to play a home media file results in the small image showing some random video from the DVR.

Not impressed. Not a happy customer right now.
18 Replies

Re: BUGS with HOPPER 3 STILL UNFIXED

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
move on from the home media.. use plex via the firestick or roku.. its way better interface.. and it actually works!

rootazoid
Camera Crew
jimgreen1972 wrote:
move on from the home media.. use plex via the firestick or roku.. its way better interface.. and it actually works!

If that advice was coming from Dish, it would be like saying [i:l5kfrig1]"we provided you with a tool that worked for you, and now because [b:l5kfrig1]we changed something[/b:l5kfrig1], it doesn't, even though you're still [b:l5kfrig1]paying[/b:l5kfrig1] for it. Rather than us fixing it, we suggest [b:l5kfrig1]buying[/b:l5kfrig1] a new tool from a different company, it'll work better anyway."[/i:l5kfrig1]

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You're not paying for it though.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
You're not paying for it though.

Yes we are paying for it in the price of our subscription. There is a COST for dish to do development and this is passed on in the prices set for subscriptions, upgrades, etc.

And as a consumer of dish products, we are paying for it with our time to try to get a resolution.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No. You pay for linear TV services and DVR. You do not pay for this complimentary service. The fees you pay to Dish, Dish may use to pay their bills, but that doesn't mean that is what you are paying for. My boss pays me to perform my job. He does not pay for my mortgage. Yet the money he pays me, goes towards my mortgage.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
No. You pay for linear TV services and DVR. You do not pay for this complimentary service. The fees you pay to Dish, Dish may use to pay their bills, but that doesn't mean that is what you are paying for. My boss pays me to perform my job. He does not pay for my mortgage. Yet the money he pays me, goes towards my mortgage.

Your boss isn't paying you so that your mortgage gets paid. Your boss is paying you so that you will do a job for him and the company that you work for. I am paying dish for features and functions that are advertised with dish. Whether there is a line item or not, there is a COST for dish to develop it and price passed on to me as a consumer.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Again, no you pay for linear services and DVr services. Home media is not something you pay for. Dish pays for it in their bills though, and their paycheck to pay their bills, is from you. There is a very real difference.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Again, no you pay for linear services and DVr services. Home media is not something you pay for. Dish pays for it in their bills though, and their paycheck to pay their bills, is from you. There is a very real difference.

From the dish SERVICE contract - Services Defined. “Services� means any and all video, audio, data, internet, interactive and other programming services and all other services that are available now or in the future from DISH (whether subscription, pay-per-view or otherwise).

I am paying for a SERVICE from dish that includes all of the above.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Keep reading and it continues on that you do not pay for software applications.