Autoplay Reverse Order

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoplay Reverse Order

Ericcat1980
Extra
My hopper records episodes of a series and lists them with the newest episode (or most recently recorded) at the top of the list. When I autoplay, the hopper will only play them in backwards order. Is there a way to autoplay from the bottom of the list to the top?
Tags (3)
6 Replies

Re: Autoplay Reverse Order

DISH Employee

Ericcat1980, thank you for reaching out about your concerns with Autoplay. Are you selecting the next episode before the end of the current episode that you are currently watching?

Ggascay
Character Actor

Will dish ever fix this autoplay issue? The answer provided by the dish employee is not about autoplay. 

Let me try to explain.  The dish hopper has an autoplay feature where you can select a folder of episodes to automatically play them all or even select specific episodes. You select options and then manage recordings and choose “autoplay”. The problem is that it will not play in chronological order and instead plays newest first, so, you see the final episode first instead of the first episode.

DISH Employee

Thank you for the information! This is currently a known issue and our Engineer Team are aware of this issue. The more information we can give to this team, the better information they have to be able to get this resolved. Can you tell me what model of Hopper you have, as well as the software version? You are able to check this by pressing the Home/Menu button three times on the remote. Then, it will take you to the diagnostics screen. 

Es_Pea
Extra
Any update on this issue? I am seeing it on Hopper with Sling, U711 12/13/2018, 1:44AM

DISH Employee

I double-checked and there currently are no updates but our Engineers are working on it! We appreciate the extra info!

Clouds
Extra

I actually just made a thread about this and discovered this one. It shouldnt take 7 months to come up with and execute the idea to program an update to allow people to customize the order of their recordings and/or shift the order to reverse (oldest recorded items from bottom to top switched to be top to bottom or when set to sort by season, episode allow the user to switch the seasons from finish listing down to start to start listing down to finish.

an example of how this would work is when you are looking at music on an application your computer, you can click the categories (like title or artist) and it displays them in alphabetical order, click the same category a second time in a row and it lists them in reverse alphabetical order.