Autoplay Order

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoplay Order

BPappy
Extra
I've read the similar posts to this subject and I'm wondering if there is any progress to fixing the Autoplay feature. I have no issues selecting Autoplay and getting my series to play, but I seriously do not understand the point of Dish even having this feature if they play a show in reverse chronological order. Isn't the point of Autoplay to "set it and forget it" so you don't have to choose or make an adjustment after each episode?? Never mind the fact that no one binge watches their show in reverse order, and might I add that binge watching is the way of the world now. Just hoping to see some actual movement on this subject, being that it has been addressed several times for over a year now. I work in a garage and like to have my shows on as background while I work. It would really be nice to do this with Dish and something I've saved and not stop what I'm working on to choose the next episode.
3 Replies

Re: Autoplay Order

DISH Employee

That's a great question, BPappy! I don't have any new information on this, but I do see our Engineering team is still looking into this.

ginaVK
Extra

I keep coming back here and checking, too. It looks like DISH has been responding this same way for over a year Smiley Sad. I'd be happy even clicking 1-2-3-4 on each episode for a play order, but it really seems silly that it won't sort and play the episodes from newest to oldest. 🙄

I'm very happy with most other aspects of DISH, but this small thing seems like it should be fixed by now!

DISH Employee

We are always looking at ways to improve, and we know that these technical issues can be frustrating. The more reports that we can get about this issue, our technical operations team and engineering team can isolate and determine what's going on. 

From there, the timeline of the resolution will depend on what exactly is going on and what the resolution is required.