Autoplay Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Autoplay Issues

DAVE065
Character Actor

I am still having the same issue. I tried selecting several recordings and selecting autoplay and after the second recording the picture would once again freeze. You would then get the delete,dvr,live tv icons on the screen and after a few minutes it would go back to live tv. The HD status is green which I don't understand what that has to do with it. It happens with both HD and SD recordings. I even tried resetting it and still the same issue. I may contact you via chat tomorrow to see if we can solve this issue.

I just disconnected with DISH Chat and they didn't know about Autoplay but, they pretended to. I talked to the regular Chat line and then the Advanced whatever. Why is it such a big deal to watch recorded episodes automatically and inorder? What if I want to play them while I am doing something else? I don't want to have to stop what I am doing to choose the next episode to watch! YIKES! This isn't even old school stuff!

Julianna
Extra

I too am having issues with AUTOPLAY.  The person on the Chat was very respectful, pleasant, and truly seemed to be researching information about AUTOPLAY in order to help me but it was apparent that she had no clue what AUTOPLAY even is.  Furthermore she was unable to find any info about it in her database (which I assume is the DISH webpage, hah).

Is anyone aware of where the link on the webpage that describes AUTOPLAY and how to set it up?

I apologize in advance if it is readily available and I'm just not seeing it...   :-)

Thanks, I appreciate your time...

DISH Employee

Hi Julianna! You can find more information about the Binge Watch feature here: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/binge-watch

jema888
Extra

Has this ever been solved?  I've had this same problem for months, maybe a year!  Used to work ok a long time ago, but then started with the same issues mentioned above, plays a couple of episodes and then stops and goes to live TV.  Very frustrating.   The solution mentioned above  to watch the "binge watch" video does not address this issue, as the binge watch video just instructs you to choose one episode at a time.  

DISH Employee

Good morning, Jema888! It does look like this is still a known issue that our Engineer Team is working hard to get resolved as soon as possible. I would love to add your account to the list of people affected so we can make sure to target your equipment specifically with the fix once it is available. To access your account, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code.

To get step by step instructions to send a private message, just click here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

cjjohnstad
Extra

Is this still a known issue? I am having the same problem. It will play two episodes then goe to normal tv.

DISH Employee

It looks like we are still working on this.

jwcc38
Extra

I am having the same issue with my DVR I try to Binge watch one show in my DVR and it will play 2 and go back to regular TV or what ever show I had been watching before. I wanted to know if this issue has been reported or if it is fixed I have tried to reset the hopper and all the joey's and still does the same thing. 

Thanks

DISH Employee

We currently don't have a timeline on when this will be fixed, jwcc38, and apologize for any inconvenience. Our engineering team is still researching the issue to get a resolution. In order to provide the best possible customer experience, feedback is absolutely necessary.

Can you please Private Message us your account/phone number, and 4-Digit Security Code to relay your feedback?

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039