Autoplay Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoplay Issues

DAVE065
Extra

I am having issues with the auto play feature. I would go to select multiple recordings to watch and after it plays a couple of recordings the delete,dvr,live tv window would come up. Then after a few minutes it would go to live tv. So for example say that you have the final season of The Strain recorded and you select all 10 episodes to watch.  It plays 3 of them and instead of playing the next episode it goes to live tv. Is there an issue with auto play feature or what is the deal?

9 Replies

Re: Autoplay Issues

DISH Employee

Hello, DAVE065. I hate to hear that you're having an issue with our Autoplay feature. I would be happy to help find out what's causing this. Is there anything like freezing that happens before it transitions to live picture? Is this happening on a Hopper, Joey, or both? 

DAVE065
Extra

Oǹ the hopper. It would play a couple of recordings then freeze at the end of the 2nd recording and after a few minutes go to live tv. 

DISH Employee

Since this is happening on the Hopper, we will want to run a diagnostics test. First we will need to make sure that the Prime Time feature is off. If  it is;

-On the front Hopper panel please press the System Info button> Go to Status> Check Status on the right

-Check to be sure the HD box is Green 

If it is green, lets hard reset the receiver by unplugging it for 10-15 seconds and once it comes back on, try a recording. 

NotGivingUp
Extra

Was this issue ever solved? I have exactly the same problem on a brand new Hopper 3 and 4k Joey. Hard resets have no effect. Firmware is up to date. I made 10 short recordings and selected them for autoplay. I get the "Playback Completed" after the first two recordings play on the 4k Joey, every time. I get the same result on the Hopper 3, but always after the first THREE recordings play. 

Hard resets fix nothing.

If this isn't a known firmware bug, I need to consider the possibility of defective hardware.

DISH Employee

I see that we've reported this to our engineers, who will be taking a look into this issue. Is it always the first two or three recordings regardless of which episodes they are, or if you switch to another show or change the order does it still stop after two or three episodes?

NotGivingUp
Extra

I tried three different tests, each with 10 different recordings. Stopped after second or third recording in each case.

My hopper is on U517 and my 4K Joey is on U490.

Thanks for looking into this. It seems like a small bug in an otherwise excellent system.

DISH Employee

Thank you for letting me know that information! I've noted down the case ID so I can check back in my tool and see if the status has changed. 

DISH Employee

Hey NotGivingUp, would you be able to send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can submit the feedback on your behalf? I saw there was another submission, but the more people we add and the more information we can get added to those the better.

Dave065, if you could also send me a Private Message with your account information as well as your software version that would be helpful as well!

To send a PM: 
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (PhoenixM) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message.

lygler
Extra
I have the same issue with Hopper 3. Select 5-6 episodes for autoplay and it stops after 2 episodes and goes to screen to delete etc. I did report it last week in chat with Dish.