Autohop only working on 1 channel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autohop only working on 1 channel

amwoolf
Costume Designer
I have Prime Time Recording set for all 4 of the networks (NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS) but only ABC has the autohop icon and it only works on this network. Why does it not work on the other networks?
16 Replies

Re: Autohop only working on 1 channel

Community Manager
Community Manager
There are some restrictions on Auto Hop, depending on where you live. Where do you get your locals from?

stile99
Cinematographer
It works on the other networks, it just takes time to become active. Fox takes a full week, CBS takes 8 days. Depending on your market, NBC can also take a full week. The current schedule was just posted here a couple days ago.

amwoolf
Costume Designer
Washington, DC. Will wait another week to see what happens.

amwoolf
Costume Designer
Still getting Autohop on only 1 network - ABC. How do I get it on the other networks? Hopper 3 was installed on March 31 so has been almost 3 weeks.

DISH Employee
amwoolf wrote:
Still getting Autohop on only 1 network - ABC. How do I get it on the other networks? Hopper 3 was installed on March 31 so has been almost 3 weeks.

Please send a PM with your phone number and PIN so that I can submit this to our engineers for review.

stile99
Cinematographer
amwoolf wrote:

I see I may have been unclear, it's not that Fox (for example) takes a week from install for it to become active, it's that Fox shows take a week for Autohop to become an option. It doesn't matter when the Hopper was installed, a show recorded on Fox will not have Autohop enabled until a week has passed from the date of that recording. This is of course, a sliding scale, shows recorded Monday the 10th have become eligible, shows recorded Monday the 17th have not (as of the time of this post). This may appear that it is not working, but it is actually working as designed. I can't really say 'intended', but lawsuits from the networks have brought us to this point.

But do take Jessica's advice, in case there is a problem.

amwoolf
Costume Designer
OK. ABC's shows have this enabled today for shows I recorded last night so they are pretty quick.

Let me ask a follow-up question. I have PTA set to save programs for 8 days. Once the 8 days are up isn't the program automatically deleted? If this is correct that the programs are deleted after the number of days specified in the PTA options, then the Autohop feature will never work if some networks take 7 days or so to activate this. It also doesn't make sense to have this feature if you can't really use it unless you don't watch programs until a week after you record them.

Just trying to figure this out...

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can save the show to your recordings to keep it longer.

amwoolf
Costume Designer
Does autohop work for programs saved on the DVR but NOT part of PTA? I thought it only worked on these programs. But it still doesn't work on anything I have but ABC.