cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Autohop not working at all

moonbus
Extra

Sometime in the past few months, Autohop has dissappeared.  I am recording using Primetime Anytime.  I frequently watch shows after recording.  I understand Autohop was hit-and-miss based on network, show, and time-since-recorded.  But now it is not an option on anything.

3 Replies

Re: Autohop not working at all

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Depending on the station, it can take up to 8 days for autohop to be activated, and do you have HD locals?

moonbus
Extra

I do have HD locals.  And the recording of prime time is working fine.  I realize that autohop may only be active a day later, but eight days?  What good is that when the maximum retention of prime time anytime recordings is eight days?  (Another pet peave.)  Does the availabilty of autohop change per market?  Or is it a network deal?  I have changed markets several times since it last worked.  It worked fine in Houston.  Iwas next in the Austin market fo a few weeks and can't say for sure if it worked or not.  I was then in the Little Rock morket for a couple weeks, and only had SD locals, so prime time anytime recording didn't happen.  I have now been in the Dallas market for a month with HD locals and recording works, but autohop does not at all.  

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Fox and CBS do not depend on market. Both of those will be 7 and 8 days before Autohop will work. ABc and NBC will depend on market. You can save the PTAT show and that way you can utilize it later on. I tend to be a week or two behind, so it works great for me. The reason is contractual agreements with the channel owners. There were multiple lawsuits over this issue and this was the settlement.