Auto Volume bug

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Volume bug

olds4422
Audio Engineer
so for 5+ months I have noticed that auto volume function, it has been making the volume on ALL channels jump up and down at random frequently, which it never use to do this on on joey 4k U480

It rather annoying in fact it does does when it off which make me think it dont keep things leveled other then lower or higher the volume upon turn on
6 Replies

Re: Auto Volume bug

DISH Employee
There are some things I want to check with you. Are they local or satellite channels? When pressing the buttons of; Menu> Settings> Audio Output. Do you see the Volume Leveling set to On? Have you tried resetting the 4K Joey and then checking the levels again?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
yes it is on and when it on i hear volume get louder and quiet ever few minutes, and it has been reset multiple times

Community Manager
Community Manager
Is the 4K Joey connected to a soundbar or is your TV connected to a Soundbar?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
connected to tv (hdmi) this jumping volume up and down its even happening on the 4k joey optical out connected to my av receiver this was never an issue. but like said it doing this every few minutes, it like the sound cuts out and when comes back the volume is either louder or quiter.

DISH Employee
tsunami2311 wrote:
connected to tv (hdmi) this jumping volume up and down its even happening on the 4k joey optical out connected to my av receiver this was never an issue. but like said it doing this every few minutes, it like the sound cuts out and when comes back the volume is either louder or quiter.

Thank you. Has this happened on live TV and recorded playbacks? Have you tried the free VOD also? Is it happening there too?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
MarkL wrote:
tsunami2311 wrote:

Thank you. Has this happened on live TV and recorded playbacks? Have you tried the free VOD also? Is it happening there too?

its happen on EVERYTHING live dvr,vod you name it