Audio stutters/skips on local CBS stations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio stutters/skips on local CBS stations

satellite714
Extra

On both Dish-carried CBS local-TV stations in the Los Angeles area, audio skips or stutters once every minute or two.  Occasionally this is accompanied by a small horizontal strip of pixelation in the picture, but mainly is a maddening audio problem.  It almost sounds as if a sample rate converter is 'catching up' every now and then; that is, no gap in the audio, just a skipped-over word or syllable.  I don't see how this could be a satellite reception problem because it's on just two channels, but wonder if there's a valid explanation or anything to try?

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Audio stutters/skips on local CBS stations

redlite
Visual Engineer

I have the same problem on CBS locals in LA market, KCBS and KCAL. Very frustrating. Come on Dish fix this!!!

DISH Employee

We absolutely get your frustration with this experience. There hasn't been an estimated fix time given, but, our Engineering team is working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Had this happen on CBS shows recorded with my OTA Tivo in Spring Texas (Houston).  When I switched the Tivo playback from Dolby 5.1 to pcm stereo the problem went away.  Watched the shows and yheb switched it back to 5.1.  So i'd guess it was a CBS problem with Dolby digital 5.1.