Audio popping sound

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio popping sound

dereksato
Character Actor
I'm new to the forum so sorry if this has been addressed previously.

I have a brand new Hopper 3 and Sony 65X900E. I hear a popping sound from the TV speakers after pressing pause and play after 15 seconds. I do not hearing the popping sound if I press play just a couple seconds after pressing pause. The popping sound does not appear if I turn off Dolby Digital on the Hopper. The workaround to turn off Dolby Digital is fine but sometimes I use the audio on my audio receiver and I'll need to turn DD on in order to get 5.1 surround sound. I'm currently using HDMI for audio/video on the TV. I'm using optical for audio on the stereo receiver and I get no popping sound through the stereo speakers. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Audio popping sound

DISH Employee
Is there any video distortion as well?

Do you get the popping no matter which channel you're on?

dereksato
Character Actor
I have not done a comprehensive test but I don't think the problem is related to channel.

dereksato
Character Actor
Also, the problem is strictly audio. The video is fine.

DISH Employee
At this time we need to check if changing the audio compression resolves this popping issue with the volume. If your remote has a House button, you will press it twice and go to Settings then Audio Output. Once on the Audio Output screen, Change "Dolby Digital Pass-through" field from "On" to "Off" (or vice versa). IF your remote doesnt have the House button just press the Menu button Twice.