Audio popping sound

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio popping sound

dereksato
Character Actor
I'm new to the forum so sorry if this has been addressed previously.

I have a brand new Hopper 3 and Sony 65X900E. I hear a popping sound from the TV speakers after pressing pause and play after 15 seconds. I do not hearing the popping sound if I press play just a couple seconds after pressing pause. The popping sound does not appear if I turn off Dolby Digital on the Hopper. The workaround to turn off Dolby Digital is fine but sometimes I use the audio on my audio receiver and I'll need to turn DD on in order to get 5.1 surround sound. I'm currently using HDMI for audio/video on the TV. I'm using optical for audio on the stereo receiver and I get no popping sound through the stereo speakers. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tags (1)
27 Replies

Re: Audio popping sound

DISH Employee
Is there any video distortion as well?

Do you get the popping no matter which channel you're on?

dereksato
Character Actor
I have not done a comprehensive test but I don't think the problem is related to channel.

dereksato
Character Actor
Also, the problem is strictly audio. The video is fine.

DISH Employee
At this time we need to check if changing the audio compression resolves this popping issue with the volume. If your remote has a House button, you will press it twice and go to Settings then Audio Output. Once on the Audio Output screen, Change "Dolby Digital Pass-through" field from "On" to "Off" (or vice versa). IF your remote doesnt have the House button just press the Menu button Twice.

Wendywb
Camera Crew

I have just connect the dish hopper sling to home theater via optical cable.  In setting audio effects Dolby Digital “off”  every once in a while get pops  have to turn off  Home theater or hopper and back on and then seems to work OK for awhile.  when I change Dolby Digital in settings to “ON” get no sound. 

DISH Employee

Hi, Wendywb! Do you notice that it's a specific program that doesn't get a sound when you turn Dolby Digital to 'On" or is it in general that there is no sound? 

Wendywb
Camera Crew
All channels no sound with Dolby “ON”

DISH Employee

Do you get the popping if you bypass the home theater and run directly to though the TV with the optical cable?

Wendywb
Camera Crew

With Dolby”off” HDMI TO TV. Then had hopper optical out  to HTS would get popping after awhile had to turn off and back on to stop it. With Dolby “in” no sound.

Still have HDMI TO TV, and removed optical cable from Hopper.  I have optical from TV to HTS.

Hopper/sling settings.       Tv(Samsung nu407200) setting HDMI INPUT—PCM and Bitstream —OUTPUT Digital, PCM and Dolby Digital

Dolby ON                             PCM ————popping.         PCM Digtal output

Dolby ON.                            Bitstream———popping.         PCM Digital Output     

Dolby OFF.                           Bitstream————volume lower PCM Digital Output

Dolby OFF.                           PCM——————-normal volume , no popping yet.   PCM Digital Outpit

Dolby ON.                              Bitstream(access Dolby Output). Dolby Digital Ouput no sound

Goal

Any device Optical to HTS to receive Dolby Digital audio on HTSAll new cables HDMI 2.0, Toslink, tried older cables that I had same thing. Spent more than a little time on this, don’t even want to get to the next item 5.1 Dolby