Attention 514 Message

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention 514 Message

bud92536
Extra

We had to have our receiver vip722 dual replaced recently with a new one of the same. The only problem is that the Attenion 514 message the message that tells you basically the system is shutting down due to lack of movement. On the old receiver that message would appear maybe every 4 or 5 hours with the replacement receiver it pops up just about every hour and is really getting annoying not all people are channel surfers having to hold on to remote constantly jumping from channel to channel. Can anybody tell us how we can reset it or whatever so that it doesn't come up every hour. We have been a customer of dish practically since they opened and because of this issue we are about ready to find another company.

Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: Attention 514 Message

stile99
Cinematographer

I don't have a vip722, I've never had one, and I found the answer with a quick Google search on the term "vip722 inactivity".

Just thinking where it might logically be, I would think under settings or preferences. And it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6YnchWbys

The empty threat to switch over this "issue" is why companies no longer listen when people threaten this.

Tags (3)

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
^^^^
First post threatening to 'find another company' after over 20 years, simply because someone doesn't know that the 'inactive' time can be changed by using the menu-settings.

crodrules
Costume Designer
The default inactivity setting was originally four hours. (Plenty of time in my opinion) A software update awhile back changed the default inactivity shutdown time for ViP receivers to only two hours. (A very stupid move on Dish's part in my opinion) I don't know if the default inactivity shutdown time was ever changed again after that. However, it is very possible that the first poster had never had to change the inactivity shutdown time on the old receiver because four hours worked fine for him, but the replacement receiver came with the two-hour inactivity shutdown default setting, which I agree can be annoying. This is why I always check and make sure that my inactivity shutdown is set for four hours every time I get a new receiver.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
I have a 211k. I have inactivity set at 5 hours. And can go as high as 9 hours or 'disable'.
I also have 'update' changed to 3.30AM