App and Hopper 3 don't have same on demand?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App and Hopper 3 don't have same on demand?

We recently became Dish customers. We love it with one huge exception; many shows that are available on the Dish Anywhere app (android) are not available to watch on my tv. I can watch all seasons of Hunting Hitler (for example) on my phone, but only 1 or 2 show available on tv. This is the same with much of the programming we watch on History, Science and Destination America channels.

I spoke with a senior tech support rep back in mid December that stated this is in fact an issue that came up from a recent update. When I called back today to see what the progress was, I was told my equipment is functioning normally. This is very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem?
2 Replies

Re: App and Hopper 3 don't have same on demand?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I thought it had always been that way.

Re: App and Hopper 3 don't have same on demand?

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Mod Edit: Please refrain from name calling.

It has always been this way for a few reasons. One is space vs delivery, another and probably the biggest, is DRM. They have permissions to offer certain shows on the website and on the receiver. The ones on the website usually come from the source that the program is from, whereas the ones from the receiver are satellite delivered packets, then internet downloaded, and are delivered from the channel owner to Dish uplink facilities. This will not and cannot change.