cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Android TV Dish Anywhere

IMNew214
Character Actor
So I am having trouble with dish anywhere on a Android TV box. It's a Jetstream box from Walmart.

When I install the app on the Android TV, it brings me to the screen that you accept the terms of use. After I accept the terms, I am met with a screen that says "Initialize fails". I can only click ok and it closes the app.

I am stuck on this. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing data and even tried to side load the apk.

I tested the app on my Nvidia shield and it worked flawless. I just want to get this setup for my mother and don't know what to try next.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
4 Replies

Re: Android TV Dish Anywhere

Chadt4141
Production Manager
I don’t think dish anywhere works on that platform. The only streaming box that I know it works on is the FireStick. It does work on Android phones and some android tablets, but I think that is the android limitation.

IMNew214
Character Actor
It's available in the play store for Android TV boxes. I downloaded it on my Nvidia shield and it works perfect. But the Jetstream gives me the error. Both are Android TV.

IMNew214
Character Actor
Here is a link to when they announced it for Android TV. http://about.dish.com/2018-05-02-DISH-app-now-on-Android-TV

DISH Employee

Sorry to hear about this issue IMNews, definitely unusual since Android TV is supported.  Can you provide any version data for the Dish Anywhere app you have on the Jetstream, and also any software or update information for the Jetstream?  It could help us dig in a bit and take a closer look at what might be the cause of this issue.