All Recodrings gone from DVR

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Recodrings gone from DVR

112488rsd
Extra
Had a DVR full of stuff on Thursday night, got home Friday afternoon turned the TV on and ALL my recordings are gone. The timers and schedule are still there but every single recording I had is gone. I reset the box several times and unplugged it from the wall and nothing was restored. So I started recording new stuff Friday, got up this morning and I'll be if everything got deleted again. What is going on? I called Dish and all they have to offer is that its an existing issue that their engineers are working and they don't have a resolution at this time. Anyone else experiencing this?
5 Replies

Re: All Recodrings gone from DVR

olds4422
Audio Engineer
either some one else is doing? or this a new bug? or HDD going? wish i had that issue it I could use the bug as excuse to kick user off the hopper3 cause all they do is record 12+ day and watch none of clogging up HDD and put unneeded wear and tear on it.

112488rsd wrote:
Had a DVR full of stuff on Thursday night, got home Friday afternoon turned the TV on and ALL my recordings are gone. The timers and schedule are still there but every single recording I had is gone. I reset the box several times and unplugged it from the wall and nothing was restored. So I started recording new stuff Friday, got up this morning and I'll be if everything got deleted again. What is going on? I called Dish and all they have to offer is that its an existing issue that their engineers are working and they don't have a resolution at this time. Anyone else experiencing this?

What is your receiver model? Have you checked the trash folder if you have a Hopper? This may be a bad receiver.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

dflem29
Costume Designer
I have lost everything several times now! Was told it is because I have a corrupted external HD... wrong, the external has worked after a complete reformatting of the Hopper HD, which deletes everything! It is related to the new user interface that was forced onto my Hopper w/ Sling. I have had other problems besides the system being slower that it was before the 'upgrade'.

This has happened with a replacement Hopper as well.

dflem29 wrote:
I have lost everything several times now! Was told it is because I have a corrupted external HD... wrong, the external has worked after a complete reformatting of the Hopper HD, which deletes everything! It is related to the new user interface that was forced onto my Hopper w/ Sling. I have had other problems besides the system being slower that it was before the 'upgrade'.

This has happened with a replacement Hopper as well.

Losing all recording is not normal. Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can assist you further
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

dflem29
Costume Designer
So, are you saying that the replacement HWS receiver is also bad? That it should not have given me the 760 errors, that required the HHD to be reformatted just because I am using an EHD (that works) or had it plugged in overnight when the auto updates are pushed?

Also, will my EHDs also work with a Hopper 3? They are 2TB or smaller with separate power supply. Some rep told me they will not, but posts on this subject say otherwise.