Alexa connection to Joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa connection to Joey

nrbace
Camera Crew
I had the new hopper and Joey's installed Monday. I have the Alexa app on my iphone and the hopper and I read through the online tutorial. When I get to the screen where it should list the location of my hopper (Master bedroom) and my Joey (Living Room 1), it only lists Dish-01. I've rebooted all the dish receivers and the dots. I've reset my network connection on the hopper. I've even tried the Elena app on an iphone and iPad. I just got off the phone with dish support and they verified I have the latest software and are telling me it's an Alexa issue or they want to charge me for more tech support. I'm not buying it. The dots connect easily to every other device I have in the house. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Tags (4)
29 Replies

Re: Alexa connection to Joey

Chadt41411
Casting Director

You'll have to wait until the Alexa app becomes available. Regularly takes 72 hours.

nrbace
Camera Crew
Thanks but it's available. I get everything going except the list of my receivers. I get past the part where you get the code from dish. I link to the hopper, just not the Joey.

DISH Employee
nrbace wrote:
I had the new hopper and Joey's installed Monday. I have the Alexa app on my iphone and the hopper and I read through the online tutorial. When I get to the screen where it should list the location of my hopper (Master bedroom) and my Joey (Living Room 1), it only lists Dish-01. I've rebooted all the dish receivers and the dots. I've reset my network connection on the hopper. I've even tried the Elena app on an iphone and iPad. I just got off the phone with dish support and they verified I have the latest software and are telling me it's an Alexa issue or they want to charge me for more tech support. I'm not buying it. The dots connect easily to every other device I have in the house. Any suggestions? Thanks.

When you were setting it up, did you enter the activation code and see a message on the Alexa App showing the Echo was successfully paired with your Dish receiver?

nrbace
Camera Crew
Yes, thanks for asking. I can even get Alexa to control the hopper. I just can't get all the receivers to appear in the list (just list dish-01). It's frustrating.

DISH Employee
nrbace wrote:
Yes, thanks for asking. I can even get Alexa to control the hopper. I just can't get all the receivers to appear in the list (just list dish-01). It's frustrating.

At the Hopper, press the Menu button twice, or the Home button 3 times if you don't have a Menu button, then go to Network on the left side of the screen, select Internet Settings> then go to Advanced at the top of the screen. Is the Bridging On or Off?

We want the Bridging to say On.

nrbace
Camera Crew
PamelaM wrote:
nrbace wrote:

At the Hopper, press the Menu button twice, or the Home button 3 times if you don't have a Menu button, then go to Network on the left side of the screen, select Internet Settings> then go to Advanced at the top of the screen. Is the Bridging On or Off?

Thanks again. Yes, it says bridging on. Underneath it it does say limit frequency scan off.

DISH Employee
nrbace wrote:
PamelaM wrote:
nrbace wrote:

Thanks again. Yes, it says bridging on. Underneath it it does say limit frequency scan off.

Thank you. Bridging allows the Hopper and Joeys to use the internet. Turning bridging off would disable the Joey from accessing internet needed apps or functions.

We've had some customers have success deleting the phone app, and restarting the process for the Hopper and Joey's to sync them to the unit.

nrbace
Camera Crew
I've deleted the app and started over a few times. It still just sees dish-01. Any other ideas?

nrbace
Camera Crew
Anyone know where it's getting the dish-01 name?