Alexa connecting issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alexa connecting issues

DISH Employee

I hate to hear that you are still having some issues with the Echo Dot. If you want to send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN, I will be happy to go ahead and check on any updates. 

Anglhrt
Extra

Pin to what and why would you need that information to know if there were any new updates??? 

DISH Employee

We do not have any show the Alexa app to be having on-going issues. We are asking to move to a private message so we can review the equipment on your account and provide you accurate steps to help get things corrected. 

To send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

yogagirl
Extra

Just installed my new Echo Dot gen 3 but Alexa cannot find the Hopper as a device. While the accounts are linked successfully, DISH gave a link code, it linked successfully but then when it tired to scan for devices it comes up empty. Dish shows up in the iphone Alexia app as enabled but it will now take commands to change channels, etc.. I've looked on prior feeds and it appears there are problems with this.  Can you help please....

DISH Employee

Hey yogagirl. It's sad to hear about your trouble with the echo dot and the Hopper not being recognized, but we are here to help! 

Is there internet at your Hopper? Is there any trouble with the internet-needed features such as On Demand, YouTube, or anything like that? 

yogagirl
Extra
Internet is fine. Checked wireless internet connection and it shows fine on TV. Netflix works. Internet connection good.

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information! Will you send us a private message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code to check some things with your equipment, please?