Alexa connecting issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alexa connecting issues

Jbowen
Character Actor
This is starting to get ridiculous, as I have nothing but "Oh I don't know" its Amazon fault & Amazon support getting in touch w/ Dish Techs & to be honest one of the techs acted like he didn't understand nothing.

So now it's nearing a couple days on an Amazon support ticket that hasn't been answered nor followed up w/ me. I think Dish should be ashamed of themselves for advertising these products to the end client & claiming they work but yet when an issue arises they bail out & are completely clueless - If it where me, I'd make sure I had proper resources to resolve an issue as this one.

So Dish, this is very disappointing it seems I am not the only client of yours experiencing this issue, so has anyone else came to a resolution or still waiting on "Amazon tech support" which is so awful.

Scion142
Character Actor
Well, its the same issue here. Just installed my new Echo Dot but Alexa cannot find the Hopper 3 as a device. While the accounts are linked successfully, a scan for devices comes up empty. What is going on??? I restarted both the Hopper 3 (its running the latest software), and re-started the Echo Dot. Still no device found. Both the Hopper 3 and the Echo Dot are on the exact same Wifi network.

Jbowen
Character Actor
It looks to me this a widespread issue, & isn't isolated to just one person. So Dish what do you recommend for this?, It seems are continuing to advertise this works but yet when many of your customer complaining about this & it seems to fall on deaf ears. So please update us as your customers on what you plan to do for your customer to resolve this matter?

DISH Employee
I've taken a look into this in our feedback tool, and I see the status has been updated to "scheduling fix". It doesn't say when, and it looks like it was just updated today, but we are definitely working on it.

Jbowen
Character Actor
PhoenixM wrote:
I've taken a look into this in our feedback tool, and I see the status has been updated to "scheduling fix". It doesn't say when, and it looks like it was just updated today, but we are definitely working on it.

Thanks for the status update, I just mainly want to make sure this issue hasn't been just falling on deaf ears. Because Amazon support is terrible & isn't following through, they are giving the old canned responses on we apologize for the delay & we are working hard to resolve the issue crap.

So hopefully this will be resolved as soon as possible. Again thanks for the update!

Scion142
Character Actor

Hopefully DISH is getting a fix for this soon. I suspect it's a needed software update of some kind. My new Echo Dot is the 2nd generation device. Could that have something to do with the Echo Dot not finding the Hopper 3? The new Echo Dot has found my other devices I'm letting it control (such as the Hue lights) but not the Hopper 3

Jbowen
Character Actor
Scion142 wrote:
Hopefully DISH is getting a fix for this soon. I suspect it’s a needed software update of some kind. My new Echo Dot is the 2nd generation device. Could that have something to do with the Hopper 3 not finding it? The new Echo Dot has found my other devices I’m letting it control (such as the Hue lights) but not the Hopper 3😥

You make a good point, mine is a 2nd Gen. as well, so this might have something to do w/ it. So yeah hopefully they will come out w/ a software update that will eliminate this issue & I sure hope it's a quick one.

So the other's that have posted on this thread & other's as well, are you experience the same issue w/ the same 2nd generation Echo Dot?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
My 2 Gen echo dot works.

philiplo
Extra
Update: Amazon sent a replacement Echo Dot. After connecting it to WiFi I enabled the ability and scanned for devices. It immediately found my hopper and all three joeys. Working perfectly now. Perhaps there was a bad production run of Dots?

Scion142
Character Actor
Scion142 wrote:
Hopefully DISH is getting a fix for this soon. I suspect it's a needed software update of some kind. My new Echo Dot is the 2nd generation device. Could that have something to do with the Echo Dot not finding the Hopper 3?The new Echo Dot has found my other devices I'm letting it control (such as the Hue lights) but not the Hopper 3.

Here is my update. Finally, was able to get Alexa working with my Hopper 3. I upgraded my Hue lights bridge from 1.0 to 2.0 and, in the process scanned for new devices using the Alexa app. Lo and behold, the Echo Dot (2nd generation) found my Hopper 3 and two Joeys. From there, I re-enabled the DISH skills in the Alexa app. At first, I was only able to get Alexa to pause playback on the Hopper 3. I then discovered that I needed to (in my case) also link to my Alexa app on my iPad. After doing that, I had "full-control" of the Hopper 3. Still, this was not an easy or intuitive process. And I can't account for why the Echo Dot could not find the Hopper 3 after multiple attempts at discovery the first time. Still, managing to get it to work made me happy.