Alexa connecting issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa connecting issues

Jbowen
Character Actor
I am experiencing some issues & its driving my crazy, I have been on the phone w/ Dish Tech Support & Amazon support who took me back over to Dish Support & all has failed after 1 hour & a half on the phone w/o any type of resolution!

So here what I did, I went to the alexa.amazon.com site & connected my Echo dot to my PC did the setup & got my wifi any all done - then hooked it up beside the Hopper 3 & did the authorization code & it linked the Dish & amazon account OK - so then when it went to link devices I searched & didn't find anything & just provided the following message:

" Sorry, we could not find any devices to link."

I reset the echo dot & tried all the steps over to get the same message, did anyone else have this issue? & if so what was your resolution, because apparently Amazon & Dish Tech support doesn't have a clue & couldn't do anything for me! Expect Amazon is submitting ticket.
27 Replies

Re: Alexa connecting issues

fuzzmanks
Extra
I'm having trouble following what you did in your second paragraph. I'm pretty new with Dish and the Echo Dot. But as i recall, once that Dish code is accepted by the Dish Skill in the Alexa App then that should link your echo device.

Things can get complicated if you have more than one Amazon Account. You have to make sure the echo device is registered to the correct Amazon Account.

Jbowen
Character Actor
Hello,

I apologize for how I worded that. I was able to setup the Echo successfully & setup the WiFi connection & got all that taken care of. Then in the Skills, I enabled the "Dish TV Skills" & added the Authorization Code from my Hopper 3 - It successfully linked the Amazon Echo Dot & Dish Accounts.

Here is where the issue gets me When it scans for available devices it says

" Sorry, we could not find any devices to link."

I even tried to click "Discover Devices" again to see if it will recognize my Hopper, however, it still doesn't detect it. I am using the alexa.amazon.com web-based app to set up everything, the web-based app seem to work good until it gets to this step.

Any thoughts?

Griffinmills
Extra
I'm having the same problem and made an account just to post.
Can enable Dish TV in Alexa app or web page and enter the code provided by the hopper but when searching for a device nothing appears except the following...
"Sorry, we could not find any devices to link."

Brand new Alexa dot. Tried just about every simple fix imaginable, resetting routers and Hoppers and Joeys, plenty of reboots, app deletes and enabling/disabling skills, etc.

Really thinking (hoping) this is a backend issue on Amazon or Dish end that is temporary.

Jbowen
Character Actor
I have done the same, I tried countless reboots, checking my router, reset the Echo dot & nothing seems to have fix the issue. So I have a ticket logged w/ Amazon, once I have a resolution to the problem I will be sure to update this thread w/ it. So others experiencing this issue will have a resolution.
Highlighted

philiplo
Extra
Exact same problem here, though my tech support calls to Dish and Amazon totalled over two hours. Amazon is sending a replacement Dot, but I doubt it will help. Frustrating, because this is one of the main reasons I bought the Dot.

I have reset every device multiple times, have enabled/disabled/re-enabled the skill so many times that my fingers are bleeding. Still, no devices found. Same is true for app on Android phone and on iPad. If anyone finds a solution don't be shy -- share.

sevdavcar
Character Actor
I was able to connect my dot and the hopper but not he joeys. I have a separate dot for each Joey and none of them will show up in the device list, I only see the hopper listed. I have spent about 6 hours total with tech support at dish and amazon. They are clueless. They wanted me to keep doing the same things over and over and it never helped.

fuzzmanks
Extra
I guess I can't be much help then. I've only connected one Dot with Dish for my Dad. He bought 2 more Dot's but I haven't programed them yet. His system is the Hopper 3 plus 3 Joey's. I do remember that all the configuration was done between the Alexa App and the Hopper in order to get the Dot (located on a different floor of his house) connected.

Are your Echo devices on the same WiFi router? Not a WiFi extender or WiFi repeater? I think it is the Hopper that will list the devices found on the TV screen and not the Alexa App. But I'm not positive since it has been about 3 weeks since I got his Echo Dot set up.

sevdavcar
Character Actor
I emailed corporate because after over 6 total hours with tech support I had enough. They called me back two hours later. The guy on the phone said he is no tech guy he is just corporate but he will get with his tech people. He thinks the problem is that the joeys do not have Bluetooth only the hopper does. He thinks to connect the Joey you need the Bluetooth dongle. Nobody in 5 days of calls has said anything about this. He is going to call me back on Monday with a solution. I will post what he says then. They really need to get their tech support up on technology.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The Joey does not need Bluetooth for Alexa. It is all based on the Home WiFi. They do both have to be connected to the same network. Just to verify, is your bridging turned on.