Alexa causing Joey 4k to lose connectivity?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa causing Joey 4k to lose connectivity?

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Just setup my echo dot to work with my Joey 4k and while the functionality is pretty good (better than expected actually) the problem is the dot seems to be causing the joey to loose it's connection to it's hopper 3 every few minutes? The screen goes black then it gives the "please unplug your box" message, the "tv activity" area is empty but the network status shows connectivity is fine it usually take 10/20 sec. to recover.

The joey is connected directly to a 1gb wired connection, and while it could be something else the echo is the only change, and during the setup process as soon as the dot announced it was connected the joey lost it's connection, also the dot is linked via bluetooth..

Any ideas??
3 Replies

Re: Alexa causing Joey 4k to lose connectivity?

DISH Employee
Is the 1gb wired connection the Joey is connected to an internet connection? Only the main Hopper itself should be connected to the internet, if the Joeys are connected directly it can cause these messages.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Also make sure that the Joey is connected via RG6 coax cable, as an Ethernet connection may work, but is not supported.

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
PhoenixM wrote:
Is the 1gb wired connection the Joey is connected to an internet connection? Only the main Hopper itself should be connected to the internet, if the Joeys are connected directly it can cause these messages.

Thanks, sorry not ignoring you but this board does not default subscribe you to your own threads, c'mon man.. But anywho..

I found a bad connection (one of the cables pulled out of compression connect) So I had dish come out and put a new end on and he checked my setup and said all its all good, and Thought I was golden, not so much.

Here's my current much tougher issue if you've got any thoughts, thanks..
well it won't let me post a link to a thread on this board. lol,, well here's the thread title

Can't get alexa device list to update?

(at least it did not reject my link AND delete my post like last time)