Alexa Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alexa Support

olddawgpowers
Character Actor
Unplugged Hopper and Dot for a couple of minutes. Rebooted phone. Same results after restarting and retrying. TV shows Devices paired, iPhone app shows Green Check Mark and Red Continue button. When I hit Continue it says Activation code uncode unsuccessful. Please select Get Code ..... The iPhone app is at a http://alexa-login.dishanywhere.com address.

Not sure what to do with this one as it sounds like it is pairing but then not connecting through the app. Maybe delete and redownload the app?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

olddawgpowers
Character Actor
Got it working. Installed the Alexa app on iPad and it worked first time. Working great now and Hopper also shows up on iPhone Alexa app. I didn't try re-installing the Alexa app on phone, so maybe that would have worked also.

jcanavera
Character Actor
Just stumbled into this feature today, so I got things all set up. One small item I noticed is that while the Alexa command to tune to a specific channel number will work, as well as channel names, I noticed that you can not tune to a local channel using the local channel's call letters even though those show on the guide.

Jack

DISH Employee
Are you able to tune to the local stations by saying the channel number instead of the call letters?

olddawgpowers
Character Actor
Does anyone have a list or link to current Dish commands available for Alexa?

jcanavera
Character Actor
ErikaP wrote:
Are you able to tune to the local stations by saying the channel number instead of the call letters?

Yes. For example if I say tune to TCM it tunes properly. If I say tune to channel 132 it again goes to TCM. If I say tune to KSDK it says I cannot find a station named KSDK. If I say tune to channel 5, it will go to 5, which happens to be KSDK. I tried our local CBS affiliate which is KMOV and I get the same answer, I cannot find a station named KMOV.

FYI I checked my 50.0 remote and was able to voice dial to KSDK and KMOV. I remember when the 50.0 first came out I had similar problems in voice dialing to the local station call letters.

Jack

reganbeal
Extra
I installed this, and ask alexa to perform tasks as the examples show and it says "sorry, I dont understand" even though its integrated. uugghh

DISH Employee
There are a couple of things I need to verify with you to make sure I have everything correct on my end. What is the model of Hopper you currently have? Can you PM me with the phone number and 4-digit PIN to further assist you?

scotar
Audio Engineer
reganbeal wrote:
I installed this, and ask alexa to perform tasks as the examples show and it says "sorry, I dont understand" even though its integrated. uugghh
After you added it did you go into smart home and re-discover devices?