cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alexa Support

scotar
Audio Engineer
Enabled it.

If I tell her to tune to CNN it she tunes and reads me the name of the current show. If I tell her to tune to FOX News she just tunes the channel. No announcement of the name of the show. It is a conspiracy! :o :lol:

Also I noticed it kills the prompt to tune to Live TV before changing channels if you are watching delayed TV.

Alexa integration with Joey on Hopper w/Sling

kalel42
Extra
I followed instructions below & was able to activate my Amazon Echo with my Hopper w/Sling receiver.

www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/alexa

However, what I really want to do is to link Alexa to the Wireless Joey. I tried repeating the setup on the Joey, but under Menu->Settings, there's no Amazon Alexa icon as on the Hopper. On the Android Alexa app, after hitting "Discover Devices", I only see the main Hopper receiver available to link to.

Both Hopper w/Sling receiver & Joey have the latest software, I think--U234 & U279, respectively.

Any ideas? Is the Joey not supported? Has anyone else succeeded in linking Alexa/Echo to a Joey for Hopper w/Sling? I so want this feature to work! Thanks in advance.

Re: Alexa integration with Joey on Hopper w/Sling

stile99
Cinematographer
kalel42 wrote:
Is the Joey not supported?

Bingo.

DISH Employee
At this time, the integration is only available at the Hopper.

kalel42
Extra
JessicaR wrote:
At this time, the integration is only available at the Hopper.

Thanks. If Dish is reading this, please support the Joey soon. In our home, we primarily watch Dish via the Joey in our living room, and that's where our Echo is. And moving the Hopper there isn't really viable.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Dish newsletter says it will be coming to Joey's in the "coming months", so it's in the works.

bobknob
Costume Designer
peggyrh wrote:
Dish newsletter says it will be coming to Joey's in the "coming months", so it's in the works.

Bwahahaha!!! Really?!?!? Let's define dish months, to what a consumer thinks is months. Dish = anytime in the next 0-100+. Consumer = maybe by the end of summer.

Dish months are becoming like Microsoft "minutes".

DonLafferty
Extra
I came to Dish back in 2013. At that time I asked if they could add TV Land in HD and they said we will pass it to our programming team.

I still don't have TV Land in HD, how about anyone else?

So I bought an Echo Dot for my bedroom because I can't wait for a Dish "few months".

olddawgpowers
Character Actor
I followed all the instructions and when I enter the Activation Code it shows Device paired on the TV and the app on the phone shows a green check mark with a Continue button. When I click Continue it go back to the Alexa Skill app and and then says the Activation code unsuccessful. I have tried this several times and always get the Green Check Mark and Continue on the app and the Device paired on the TV, but can't continue?

Have you made sure the app was updated to the latest version? Try unplugging the Hopper and the Echo for 10 seconds each to reset them and give her another go
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator