Alexa Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Support

cgoyette
Extra
I am a new customer to Dish and i noticed in the settings that there is Alexa integration. When you follow the instructions it directs you to enable the Alexa skill in the Alexa App. Problem is there is no Dish Alexa skill available. I am assuming this hasnt been fully released yet? Is there any outlook on when this skill will be developed and released?
100 Replies

Re: Alexa Support

peggyrh
Associate Producer
try this, just set mine up & it works!
https://www.mydish.com/support/products ... w-to/alexa

cgoyette
Extra
I have seen and understand those directions, the problem that i am having is that the alexa hopper skill is not available in the alexa app. I even did an internet search on amazon for that skill and it doesn't exist. Can you provide a link to the skill?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
"Open your Alexa app and enable the "DISH TV" setting/skill in Alexa App under
"Home > Music, Video, & Books > DISH TV"

it popped right up when I went into that section of the app - it's not under "Skills".

peggyrh
Associate Producer
did you get it working?

cgoyette
Extra
Yes thanks for your help. I swear it didn't show up yesterday, but it was there today like you said. Thanks again

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Was just released either late yesterday or early today. Glad you're up & running :D

Alexa

rraplee
Extra
Alexa recognizes commands but says Dish is having problems. Rebooted Hopper but no joy.

Alexa

rraplee
Extra
Dont know proper forum.
Alexa recognizes commands but says Dish is having problems. Rebooted but not fixed.

rraplee
Extra
I have followed instructions and Alexa recognizes commands but says "Dish is having problems".
Rebooted Hopper but still doesn't work. :(