Alexa Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alexa Support

scotar
Audio Engineer
If you are not on live TV how do you get past the pop-up when you change channels with Alexa?

You get the pop-up that asks you if you want live tv before it will change channels. The only way I have found is to use the remote to confirm.
Highlighted

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
I never get that when I change channels with the Echo when watching a recording. She will even change channels when I have it on pause. Are you changing channels because you want to watch something else, or get pause, resume, skip forward and rewind to work again?

scotar
Audio Engineer
mmcl26554 wrote:
I never get that when I change channels with the Echo when watching a recording. She will even change channels when I have it on pause. Are you changing channels because you want to watch something else, or get pause, resume, skip forward and rewind to work again?
Thanks. Changing to watch another channel. They must have fixed it. I haven't tried it in a while and I should have tried it before I posted.

Thanks

websterfam
Extra
I just found out from Dish that the new update that came out on 10/11/2017
will allow Alexa to control the Joeys also.
Mine hasn't updated yet but I'm told it should in the
next few days.

peggyrh
Casting Director
I have the update & there's no Alexa app on my Joey. Checking the app on my phone it only sees the Hopper 3, so still no way to link Joey. Not sure if your info is correct since no one else has mentioned it working yet (nothing on SatGuys & it's usually reported there first).

FWolf
Extra
The Joey will not show the Alexa tile like the Hopper does.
If you disable the skill in the Alexa app then re-enable the skill you will be able to link your alexa device to the Joey.
You can't link one device to both a Hopper and a Joey, you need two .... like two echo dots.... one for Hopper and one for Joey.
It also takes time for every receiver to get updated with new software.

peggyrh
Casting Director
I have both Echo & Dot, had to try three times to get everything unlinked & linked up again but is now working on both devices (in 2 rooms) - thanks.

JS31
Extra
Awesome news! I've had the Hopper 3 for about a week, and I purchased the Echo Dot for this purpose. However, I purchased it before I realized that it wouldn't work on the Joey (which is the box I want to use it on the most) I have a question for Dish, or fellow customers. Is there a way to get Alexa to use the select command? For example if you ask Alexa to play a dvr show, and that show happens to have the option of enabling Auto Hop, is there a way to activate this by voice? Right now I have to use the remote to move to Yes, and select to activate it. I know, I know, first world problems! Ha ha! :-) I understand the Alexa skill will, I'm sure, be improved upon over time.

techjunk83
Camera Crew
Is there an Alexa Dish skill trigger phrase to launch the "My Recordings Menu" ?

Thanks

DISH Employee
We're sorry but that is not currently an active voice command. However, you can follow this link for more common commands: https://www.mydish.com/support/products ... a-commands