Did you mean: 

Re: Alexa Support

peggyrh
Casting Director
Only has limited commands for now

turbocody
Extra
Peggy, it is supposed to be able to fast forward, etc. now. See list of Alexa commands.

fitz2380
Character Actor
I have successfully paired my Echo and my Echo Dot Gen 1 (V1) to my hopper and it works correctly. I have a Echo Dot Gen 2 (v2) that will not link. I link it through the Alexa app and the app sees it and shows it is linked to the hopper. however, when I ask it to change the channel it tells me to go into my app and link it to my system provider. I have disabled and re-enabled the dish activation as well as the Dot links but nothing works.

fitz2380
Character Actor
Nevermind..I have solved my previous issue with making my Gen 2 dot work. I had selected the wrong dot. I did not have good description for the names......

janetebn
Camera Crew
I also have trouble making the "alexa skip forward" all the time. Most times she says don't recognize command. Occasionally it will work, saw other people had problem too. Not a real answer from forum. Need help

turbocody
Extra
Exactly, I'm less interested in hearing everyone else's problems and more interested in hearing solutions!

scotar
Audio Engineer
It will do that if the volume is too high. It can't distinguish the background noise from your command. Try a louder voice and see if that helps.

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
I have found that if you don't give Alexa a command for 45 minutes to an hour she will lose track of where she is and give a command similar to "I don't know how to do that". Sometimes she may want to play a song. In the past the only way to correct this was to tell her to change channels, you could even change to the one you were on. Then she would accept other commands. I have since discovered that if you include the words "With the Dish" or "with Dish" she will execute the command. Sometimes you may have to do this twice, but after that she will execute all commands OK. Even though I have shared this work around with support the word has not gotten around. Hope this helps anyone having this problem.

nilaoba
Extra
I have completed the first steps, getting the code and putting in on the alexa app and click done, but the alexa app just can't find the hopper. Anyone experienced similar situations?
Highlighted

mmcl26554
Camera Crew
If you have not already done this, try resetting the network connection in diagnostics. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your router. Of course I assume you have already rebooted the hopper, and the echo, if not do that first as that will also refresh the network connection. In my home I have 3 access points all connected to the same router, I have a network camera that I can only see with my PC if they is connected to the same access point. This should not be necessary but it is and I have no idea why. Most people don't have more than one access point which is either part of their modem or separate. If you do have more than one you might try that if the other things fail. Good luck. My Echo found the Hopper right away.
Michael