Alexa Linking to Joey Help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Linking to Joey Help

Kestama
Extra
I am attempting to link my Joey to my echo. I have run through all the activation steps via the Alexa app and the Hopper system. When I discover devices, I am shown a device that is labeled "Master Bedroom" which is neither of my units. I have a unit labeled "Living Room 1" (which is the hopper 3 unit) and "Living Room 2" which is the Joey I am trying to connect to. I have deleted the apps, deactivated the connections more than once and no matter what I try, Alexa cannot find the Joey unit. I have double check the internet connection and everything is working. On the main hopper unit, bridging is set to "on" for the listed Joey unit. No matter what I try, my system cannot find the joey. I want to connect that unit to the Echo. Any suggestions?
Tags (3)
1 Reply

Re: Alexa Linking to Joey Help

DISH Employee
Hello Kestama. Thanks for contacting us. This should be an easy fix. We'll need to rename the DISH equipment. The Eco Dot names need to match what the DISH equipment is named. Having a unit say bedroom2 that isn't there doesn't matter. But the echo dot has to be called Bedroom 2 also so they will pair up. Did you want to re-name the DISH equipment, or rename the echo's what is easier for you?