Adding series to be recorded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding series to be recorded

utdubob
Camera Crew

I am brand new to DISH; started 12/4/18.  Used DTV for 23 years.  From my DTV Remote, I could select a TV input such as HDMI 1, 2, 3 or TV Ant.  I can do the same with the remote that came with the TV.  I don't see ant way to do that with the Hooper 3 Remote.  Did I miss something or is that not possible with the Hopper 3 Remote?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Adding series to be recorded

logdog
Visual Engineer

Also, in the remote control settings you need to turn Limited Mode off.

6 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Press the Tv button on the left side panel, and then below that will be input.

utdubob
Camera Crew
Nope; that doesn't work either. First I pressed the TV button and released it. Then I pressed the INPUT button and released it. The system returned to LIVE TV. Then I tried pressing the TV button and holding it in while I pressed the INPUT button and nothing at all happens. I no case do I see the pop menu on the screen that lets me scroll to one of the several input sources/jacks.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It may not be programmed in that code, you can try the remote manager, and select a different code for your tv and test it. It is in the menus.
Highlighted

logdog
Visual Engineer

Also, in the remote control settings you need to turn Limited Mode off.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I forgot about limited mode... yes, make sure that is off.

utdubob
Camera Crew
Thanks logdog (Chad4141); that did it. It was on and now its off and the INPUT button shows me the TVs input choices when pushed AFTER first pushing the TV button. Earlier, I manually programed my remote by inputting the specific model number of my TV for the most appropriate code input. Everything is good now. Now, if DISH/AMAZON will come together so that I can select AMAZON without reverting back to my TV to do it, I'd really be a happy camper.