Adding a second outlet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a second outlet

wallacemf
Extra

We have only one TV currently set up in our LR, with a Wally receiver. We have a second Wally receiver that we usually use for our RV, only a few times a year. We are thinking about adding a second TV in our bedroom in the house.

Can I just add a splitter after the dish, and run a new RG6 cable into our bedroom to plug into the second Wally receiver? Do I need anything else in that line to make it work? Essentially I'm just adding a second outlet in the bedroom with the second Wally.

Thanks! 

3 Replies

Re: Adding a second outlet

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You won’t want to run a splitter, but if you connect a line to port two on your antenna, and run it directly to the 2nd room, you should be fine.
Highlighted

wallacemf
Extra

Thanks, good point! I don't know why I didn't thhink of that since I have two lines from the antenna already, only one is being used. I'd assume that the installer connected both lines to the LNB, but I'll check first.  

AZ
Audio Engineer

@wallacemf   If you wanted to upgrade your equipment, you could get a Hopper and a Joey for the 2nd room.  The Joey has a wireless connection from the Hopper.