Accessibilty/Magnification temp fix for small Home Media vid

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibilty/Magnification temp fix for small Home Media vid

rootazoid
Camera Crew
Anyone who used the Hopper's Home Media for viewing their PC videos before last April knows it went bye-bye from last April's Hopper software update. That is, it now plays in a tiny PIP-like upper-right screen area. Following another user's suggestion, going into Settings or Options Accessibility/Magnification and turning on magnification [i:1yqlglna]before[/i:1yqlglna] going to Home Media will allow the videos to display full screen. For me in fact a bit too big for my screen. Then upon exiting Home Media, one must return to turning off Magnification to see normal controls and TV.

This seems like a major clue to what went wrong last April. But, code being what it so often is, tough to untangle, maybe the better way to look at this is as a clue to how to go forward. What if starting up or exiting the Home Media [i:1yqlglna][u:1yqlglna]automatically started and exited the Magnification[/u:1yqlglna][/i:1yqlglna]?
2 Replies

Home Media in mini window now WORKING!

rootazoid
Camera Crew
Look up and try "Universal Media Server". It's working for me to show my videos full-screen as intended. It also is fine for my music files and photos.

Re: Home Media in mini window now WORKING!

rootazoid
Camera Crew
Does anyone know if DISH fixed this? If your PLEX or Serviio or simple Windows media sharing suddenly works again it must be them. Otherwise, give that Universal Media Server program a try. Their web site doesn't show the Hopper as one of their supported devices, but I gave it a try anyway. On first run/config it looks complex, but I just left all the defaults as is, except for pointing to my media folders, and it just worked!