ABC shows getting cut off

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABC shows getting cut off

arlenemae
Extra
A lot of our shows that were on ABC kept getting cut off. Some recordings are just fine, but many of our recordings (especially 30-min sitcoms) either have the end cut off, or don't start until 5 minutes before the show ends and records the next 25 minutes of the following show. We've tried padding the timer to record 30 minutes before and after but that doesn't help.

There seems to be a vague correlation to autohop since this tends to happen more often on ABC shows with autohop. ABC's revenge for skipping commercials? I've pretty much given up on many ABC shows now since I've missed so many episodes.
2 Replies

Re: ABC shows getting cut off

DISH Employee
When this happens is AutoHop enabled? If so were there sporting events or an awards show playing before this happened? What is the current Software Version of the Hopper you're using?

Re: ABC shows getting cut off

arlenemae
Extra
Thanks for the response. As far as I'm aware, there were no sporting events or awards shows, this seems to consistently happen only with ABC shows (almost 50% of my recordings have this issue). Any recordings on other networks have no issues.

Software version: U345 3/7/2017, 3:22AM
Bootstrap version: 1012
Available Joey software: W150 W203 U276 U477
Application Software: AN269
Transceiver Firmware: 0011

Screenshot of my settings: https://goo.gl/photos/rgeLfcZ65B5Lz6o6A