A different problem, too many satellites on check switch

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A different problem, too many satellites on check switch

stevoreno
Extra
I am using a new receiver VIP211z. I have a older RV satellite dish (MV3500) that need a check switch result of sw42 and only satellites 110 & 119. Whenever I initiate a check switch I get three satellites 110, 119 & 129 and a check switch result that isn't 42 (I think it was 64?). Problem is the satellite dish will not automatically move to the correct satellite when I switch channels. I can manually move the dish to all three sats using the point dish page, but eventually the dish locks up and won't move anymore. Is there anything I can do short of buying a new satellite dish?
4 Replies

Re: A different problem, too many satellites on check switch

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
I also have a 211k. If you want to do a check switch test and have only 110, 119, you will get 2 green checks and one red x for 129. If you want to do a signal strength test, you have to manually pick a 110 channel for the 110 sat and then go back and pick a 119 channel for the 119 sat Trying to change the sat # on screen from 110 to 119 will not give you signal strength on 119 because the receiver is still on a 110 channel.

stevoreno
Extra
That's my problem . I get three green checks but my dish is only supposedly 2 satellite capable.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Unplug the Coax cable, run the check switch and save the matrix. Then plug the Coax back in and run the check switch again. Make sure the receiver is unplugged from the power before unplugging and plugging back in the Coax.

stevoreno
Extra
OK, thanks for that tip. I tried it, even did it twice while coax disconnected, saved. Receiver still discovered 3 satellites after connecting coax. I will try calling Winegard tomorrow, maybe they have and idea.