99% reliabiliy is a joke

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99% reliabiliy is a joke

Wes1953
Character Actor

Every time we have a rain shower, we lose the signal.  Last night, we sat for about 15 minutes waiting for the signal to come back.  Its really annoying to call tech support and have them tell you that becasue of bad weather, you lost the signal.  Where is the 99% signal relabiliality ?   Can anyone tell me that?

14 Replies

Re: 99% reliabiliy is a joke

Chadt4141
Casting Director
That was a Directv ad...

Wes1953
Character Actor

Chadt4141, that was not a directtv ad.  Heres the url:  https://www.dish.com/signal-reliability/

Chadt4141
Casting Director
I see.
Nationwide, would be correct. That’s 88 hours of down time per year. When you look at averages, for instance, I am in Az and have had 6 minutes of downtime in 7 years. Also, biggest factor, if your antenna is aligned correctly, you’ll only lose signal in severe storms. To put it into perspective, if you look back to September, you’ll see customers that were able to maintain signal in Florida and in Houston that maintained signal during the hurricanes...

Wes1953
Character Actor

Ive have the dish realigned to different satillite and it makes no difference.  Any rain cloud that comes ove, ill lose signal.  Quite fustrating, and i still have a 1 year and a half on my contract.  After that, goodbye dish and back to the expensive cable where i experienced no problems and a better channel up.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
I would recommend contact a local retailer and paying them to realign everything. You’ll have better results, and it will keep everything local, including a point of contact. Small investment for a happier future. Otherwise, waiting for the contract to end and being unhappy the entire time would be the next step.
By the way, if you find a good retailer, and still want to move to Directv later on, they will likely service them as well, and will already have all your preferences in mind.

Wes1953
Character Actor

Thanks for the suggestions, but ut was realigned, which cost me money, about a month ago and this has been an ongoing problem since i made the contract.  Very unhappy with realibility.  Had directv for a while and had problems wirh them too, not on signal reception but other irratating issues.  I guess i'll have to live with it.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
The reason I said pay a local retailer is they are afraid to lose your business and WILL make it work. Their livelihood literally depends on your happiness. Plus you would be helping the local economy.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

OP, like they say you may not have proper alignment.

For all of the people that don't understand math, 99% reliability means you will be down for 1 hour, on the average, every 4 days.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

99% reliability also means you can be down 3.65 days (87.6 hours) in a year.

But we all have occassional rain fade. I rarely get it. They really need to add the option to upgrade to a larger dish though.  Or only offer a larger dish.