722k overheating and making loud noise

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

722k overheating and making loud noise

yamarx1
Extra
does any one think its only a matter of time before my hard drive takes a dump, be cause the over heating and now the loud noise its making?
Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: 722k overheating and making loud noise

tommc
Character Actor
I say to put your saved shows on an external hard drive. When you get the error code for too hot, call Dish and get a replacement.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Its on the way out and if TS is still the same as when I worked there, after resetting the receiver and making sure there is nothing surrounding it called for a new Receiver.

DISH Employee
Have you unplugged it for 10 minutes and then plug it back in? Have you thought about upgrading to the Hopper system to get more DVR storage as well as other features?

salyardsjp
Character Actor
Loud noise is the fan. Overheating. Is your receiver in a cabinet or other tight space. Try first giving it room to breathe, especially underneath. Some blocks under the corners usually work. This is temporary, probably just enough to get you to a replacement. If you've been strangling it for years in a tight dusty cubby or cabinet, the damage is done, all you can do now is triage until you can get a new one.