722K Receiver, Sony Bravia TV and Vizio Soundbar

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

722K Receiver, Sony Bravia TV and Vizio Soundbar

PeggyPrius
Extra
I hope someone can help us. My husband got me a Vizio SB4051-CO sound bar system to hook up to our Sony Bravia Model XBR-55X850B. We hooked the SoundBar to the HDMI ARC input of the TV and have the 722K Receiver hooked into the HDMI MHL input of the TV. The problem is if the receiver is on and you turn on the TV, we get a long delay before sound comes out of the sound bar or sometimes not at all. A fix we found is to power off everything and then first power on the TV and wait until the TV has detected external speakers and then power on the receiver. When we do this, there is sound immediately. We have looked at all the settings on the TV and they appear to be correct. Was wondering if there is something going on with the communication between the TV and the receiver or if there is a setting on the receiver somewhere. Just wondering because the last sound bar that we replaced with this new one, didn't have this problem. Thanks in advance
1 Reply

Re: 722K Receiver, Sony Bravia TV and Vizio Soundbar

DISH Employee
When dealing with a 3rd party sound system, there can be delays in the system coming fully online with Audio. Is there a Digital Audio cable? If so have you tried to connect it to the Digital Audio Output of the HD DVR? If so did this help with the delay?