722 receiver - what is "normal" internal temperature?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

722 receiver - what is "normal" internal temperature?

I'm on my first refurb unit and the fan is making noise like crazy, even when turned off. I ran the diagnostic and it shows 127 degrees max, 80 degrees min, 120 degrees average. Unit still works fine for now and haven't got the "overheat" error yet. I have it in a cabinet but open in the front and small desk fan blowing on the back.

Unit on borrowed time? Learned my lesson the last time and have everything backed up to EHD. Thanks in advance!
2 Replies

Re: 722 receiver - what is "normal" internal temperature?

DISH Employee
grayhairedfreak wrote:
I'm on my first refurb unit and the fan is making noise like crazy, even when turned off. I ran the diagnostic and it shows 127 degrees max, 80 degrees min, 120 degrees average. Unit still works fine for now and haven't got the "overheat" error yet. I have it in a cabinet but open in the front and small desk fan blowing on the back.

Unit on borrowed time? Learned my lesson the last time and have everything backed up to EHD. Thanks in advance!

The 722 temp can range and the fan will kick in to keep it cool when necessary. Be sure the cabinet is always open, it's on a flat hard surface with 4 inches on all sides. Also be sure no other electronics are stacked on top of, or underneath it.
If the above steps have already been taken, just the fan making noise is a cause for concern. We'd like to get this swapped out..

http://www.mydish.com/support/use-ehd if you need to save recordings, but you will lose timers. If you're wanting to upgrade to a Hopper, that can be done too. Please private message one of us in green.

Re: 722 receiver - what is "normal" internal temperature?

MarkL wrote:
grayhairedfreak wrote:

The 722 temp can range and the fan will kick in to keep it cool when necessary. Be sure the cabinet is always open, it's on a flat hard surface with 4 inches on all sides. Also be sure no other electronics are stacked on top of, or underneath it.
If the above steps have already been taken, just the fan making noise is a cause for concern. We'd like to get this swapped out..

http://www.mydish.com/support/use-ehd if you need to save recordings, but you will lose timers. If you're wanting to upgrade to a Hopper, that can be done too. Please private message one of us in green.

Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately don't have the luxury of 4" clearance on all sides, but do follow the rest. Will be back in touch.