52.0 remote problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

52.0 remote problem

r8eya
Camera Crew
Quite regulary I press a button and it clicks but nothing happens. The sat light wont come on when this happens. If i press again it will work and the sat light comes on. This occurs daily on different buttons. Is this normal? This also happens on my other 52.0 remote with the joey.
14 Replies

Re: 52.0 remote problem

DISH Employee
Let's look at your equipment. Please private message your account/phone and 4 digit PIN.

TrenThom86
Character Actor
I've found that this seems to be an issue with the 52.0 remotes I have also. One was so bad I ordered a new one and it still does it sometimes. I started using the 50.0 on all my tvs.

DISH Employee
Thank you. This is a known issue. You can test your remote by pressing the Locate Remote button on the front panel of your hopper 3 receiver. Once remote begins beeping, press the SAT button to stop beeping.

Press SELECT or HOME on the remote once every 5 seconds and see if the power light on the front of the receiver blinks within 1 second. Power light should blink once per button press. This feature is only active for 5 minutes after pressing LOCATE REMOTE on the front of the receiver.

If power light on front of receiver blinks within 1 second of pressing SELECT or HOME, the remote is communicating with the receiver. If power light is delayed or does not blink, the remote is not communicating with the receiver.

If this happens, the remote will need to be replaced. Keep in mind, though, this is a known issue and may happen with the replacement.

Make sure your batteries are fresh. You can also try resetting the Hopper 3 receiver and see if the response time improves.

Let us know what happens.

r8eya
Camera Crew
tried everything you suggested and still problematic. if as you say this is a problem with these remotes then it would be a waste to get another replacement remote. is there any way to get a 40.0 remote to replace the one i have. from what i hear those remotes dont have the same problems.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
the 52 remotes are junk, i always find myself looking to see if the sat lights up on the remote durring a button press. my wife also complained about it, said range was terrible, i told her to look for the sat to light up on the remote durring a button press.
the issue is not the receiver not seeing the remote button press, it's the remote's button press that is the problem.

the 40, 21, and others had much better buttons.

r8eya
Camera Crew
is there any word out there on a fix or if the problem has been worked out by the engineers?
Its a hassle having to check that sat button to see if it lights up.
The hopper 3 is great but with that remote I do sometimes wish i still had my 722.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Check out the 50.0's. I solely use those and they are great. I am not a fan of the long slender feel of the 52.0.

r8eya
Camera Crew
how is the 50.0 remote? when pushing the actual buttons do they always respond or are they like the 52.0 with intermittent problems?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I know the issues you're talking about with the 52.0 and no, the 50.0 does not have the issue.