52.0 remote problem pairing wizard tv&aux

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

52.0 remote problem pairing wizard tv&aux

knappcreek
Character Actor

Hopper 3 - Samsung TV- Anthem audio amp   have been working with 52.0 remote for years and two weeks ago the remote would not control volumn or power on the Anthem.  Using the pairing wizard produces the following error on screen     

attention   0001

unknown error

to program your remote at a later time select cancel

unplugging and rebooting Hopper sometimes eliminates the error but comes back again without achieving pairing

very annoying problem going back to using 3 remotes

10 Replies

Re: 52.0 remote problem pairing wizard tv&aux

DISH Employee

knappcreek, have you tired to deprogram the remote entirely from the receiver to clear all connections, then tried to reprogram the remote back to the Hopper, TV, and amp? 

To deprogram the remote from the receiver, press the Home button three times. It will take you to the "Diagnostics" page. On the top right of the screen, you will see "unpair". Scroll to it and click on that, then you will hear three descending tones. On your screen, you will see no remotes paired. To pair it back up to the box, point the remote to the receiver, then press the SAT button one time and let go. You will hear three ascending tones and you will see the remote information back on the screen. 

Once that is all done, exit out of this screen and press the Home button two times, select "Settings", then "Remote Control", then go to TV and Auxiliary Devices to select the model of your equipment. Let me know if that helps! 

knappcreek
Character Actor

Thanks for the reply

Yes I've deprogramed the remote and still the problem exists.  In fact a took my Joey  remote and tried it with the Hopper and same issue.  Something happend few weeks ago.  The Anthem remote is working fine so the problem must be with the Dish equipment.

DISH Employee

Thank you. Is anything blocking the IR sensor in front of the Hopper? 

knappcreek
Character Actor

No  nothing blocking Hopper IR port.  I'm getting the pairing wizard to work  on one of the Hopper Anthem select device but does no allow power or volumn to change for both code on that device.  Switch to the next Anthme device the 1st choice is allowed by the wizard but not the correct code moving to the next code and i get the unknown error occuring agian.

DISH Employee

That is pretty strange that is behaving that way. Let's try this, can you go into the remote settings please? Near the bottom your should see Infrared Reception and Limited mode. Can you tell me if these settings are on or off? 

knappcreek
Character Actor

They are both set to ON.  The wizard is working for the TV (Samsung)  but not with the Anthem audio reciver/amp.  If i remember correctly the Anthem device list choices has increased from when I 1st paired a few years ago and worked.  Wizard works correctly with the audio amp device but just not giving power/volume changing.  Going to the audio receiver  device the Wizard works correctly for the 1st code (no power/volume)  trying the next choice gives the uknown error message.  There appears to be an Anthem code issue. 

DISH Employee

Let's turn Limited mode off for now. When you're in the Pairing Wizard for the Anthem Receiver/Amp. There should be a search by model. If you use that does anything come up or does it give you this same error? Would you mind sharing the model of the with me please?

knappcreek
Character Actor

That did it using the seach for the model #  (MRX 520) it was under the audio reciever device.  Volumn /mute work now but power off/on only works with TV but thats not a big deal.

Thanks for taking the patience for working through this problem with me.  Great job.

knappcreek
Character Actor

Next firmware upgade to the remote device pairing could the Anthem reciever (MRX 520) on/off  power code be corrected so that it works with  the 52.0 remote.  Volume works fine but hitting the 52.0  on/off button only causes the MRX display to brighten.  The Anthem remote has  separate on and off buttons.  The 52.0 would need to be a toggle type of code i assume going from on to off  to on