52.0 Remote will not power on/off audio receiver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

52.0 Remote will not power on/off audio receiver

edfernandez
Extra
My 52.0 remote will control the volume and mute on my Harman Kardon AVR 20 but not the power. Dish told me the problem would be solved with a new remote so they sent me a new 52 to replace my old 52. Same problem. Before I received the Hopper 3 I was able to turn the AVR 20 on and off by using the side button on the Dish remote marked AUX. I also synced the remote by pressing buttons on the remote. Now I am told to sync the remote using the settings and remote sub function on the TV screen.

Dish tech seemed to indicate there was no way to program the remote the old was. They could not tell me what button on the 52 I was supposed to use to turn the AVR 20 on and off. They could not tell me what is the purpose of the side button on the 52 marked AUX. They could not explain why the remote used to control the AVR 20 and now cannot.

Anybody have a solution other than use the AVR 20 remote?
Tags (2)
1 Reply

Re: 52.0 Remote will not power on/off audio receiver

DISH Employee
The AUX button on the side of the remote is for auxiliary devices primarily, like controlling a DVD or sound system.

While the remote is paired, does pressing the volume up button (or AUX then volume up, if the remote is set to TV volume) turn the audio receiver on?