50 remote swiping

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 remote swiping

janetebn
Camera Crew
Have a hopper and 2 joeys. On the hopper only 50 remote will not swipe. This started happening about a month ago. It will restart if I reboot the hopper. Everything i turn the tv off this happens again. Dish sent a new remote same problem. All other types of remotes work fine and the 50.0 works great except for swiping. Hard to believe i need new hopper and that is the first goto for dish.
4 Replies

Re: 50 remote swiping

I would not replace the Hopper for a remote issue. Have you tried "tapping" the side of the pad? This works the same as if there were arrows on the pad. If you tap the right side it will go right one
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

janetebn
Camera Crew
Hadn’t tried that didnt even know it was available. Just turned on tv a little while ago and had to restart. Working good now so it will probably be tomorrow before i can try tapping will let you know results. By the way someone suggested just turning receiver on and off tried that but didnt work. Seems only a restart will do it.

HDinTime
Extra
Have some issue with my 50.0. I found that removing one of the batteries and replacing it got the swipe working again. New batteries didn't help. Got fed up having to do this. Called Dish, they are sending a replacement remote. We'll see what happens with the new one.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Had similar issues with both of mine, got replaced, but still having problems with erratic touchscreen.
I read Dish is discontinuing this model & has another coming out with voice & backlight - no touchscreen.
You can order (model 54) for $20 online. I ordered one yesterday.