50.0 Voice Remote requires "Auto-Mute" to survive!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50.0 Voice Remote requires "Auto-Mute" to survive!

LavonDF
Extra
Being a patient technology user, I'm taking my full 30 days before deciding whether or not keep the voice remote and you should also.

However, something that should be rushed into a remote patch before it's too late for its' success is what I'm calling "Auto-Mute". The hard of hearing and the elderly like the TV loud so guess whats happening? The customers television must be muted at the moment the microphone button is pushed so the voice recognition software has a better chance to understand us. It must then also un-mute the television upon release.

It should still be a simple script to write. [i:33w84mzi]Of course your going to have to get basic mute control working for the voice remote first.[/i:33w84mzi] One more suggestion if I might is, the addition of double press buttons where where available for routine macros. Two rapid presses of the microphone button brings up a programmable feature and so forth.

How is it these basic controls were overlooked or for whatever reason not programmed into the remote in the first place? Not complaining,,, not yet anyway! :ugeek:
9 Replies

Re: 50.0 Voice Remote requires "Auto-Mute" to survive!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The voice features control satellite features. Volume and mute are features I the TV. The star key on the right side is programmable.

LavonDF
Extra
You answer may as well have been, "I am Groot". I'm talking about an upgrade and your talking about the current setup. The current setup is the problem. Not the user. :roll:

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Let’s try again. The voice features use the internet from the box to work. Since the volume features are controlled through an entire different set of actions, it is not possible. You may be interested in a line of Harmony remotes.

LavonDF
Extra
So Your telling me that the pressing of the microphone button cannot also trigger the remote to send out the infra red beam to mute the TV before activating the microphone?

It's called a macro!

They are easy to write and can fit in a string of a few thousand bytes maybe.

Yes this means that they may have to redo the whole line if they want the idea to survive, unless a patch will do.

I never said a fix wouldn't cost something, maybe something big, regardless, a necessary fix for the idea to make it worthwhile.

"I AM RIGHT" ,, :lol:

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You talk to your remote while pointing the UHF remote at the TV? That pretty much kills the purpose of the voice feature... so no, there is no reason for it to be done.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
The 50 remote is being replaced with a new model already (54) so obviously Dish thought there was room for improvement. Touchpad on both of mine became erratic with minimal use so I'm upgrading to the new back-lit voice remote, hopefully it will last longer.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
peggyrh wrote:
The 50 remote is being replaced with a new model already (54) so obviously there was room for improvement.

The difference is the 54.0 doesn’t have the touchpad. It’s the 52.0 with voice.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Oops, typo. Should have my new one by end of week. :)

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I hated the 52.0 so I am not even going to attempt at it. I prefer the 50.0 by far, but the swipe works like a charm(on my H3). My Joey is slow to all hell, regardless of what remote I use.