4k joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k joey

r8eya
Camera Crew
I currently have the hopper 3 and 2 joeys. I was wondering what it would cost to change out one of the joeys for a 4k joey.
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: 4k joey

peggyrh
Associate Producer
It used to be $50 - plus your 2 yr agreement starts over when you add equipment. Best way to know is to PM a Dish rep with your account info & get official confirmation.

r8eya
Camera Crew
I talked with dish and it was 50. nothing about extended the contract.

Does anyone know if the joey 4k supports picture in picture?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
r8eya wrote:
I talked with dish and it was 50. nothing about extended the contract.

Does anyone know if the joey 4k supports picture in picture?

It does not. Double check on the contract, because any upgrade requires a new 24 month contract with leased equipment.

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
I've always have been able to get upgraded for free with either adding a 2-yr commit (even if the previous had time left so Your current commit + 24 months) Also autopay is another leverage point for free upgrades. And if you are having technical problems with the old gear and need a replacement anyway that helps, some combo of these 3 should = free.

Lastly there is the "nuclear" option, ask for a supervisor and it's give me what I want or cancel my account, the threat usually is enough but if you're a good customer and actually leave well then welcome to the goodie room! I'm talking... G5, well not a G5, but I got a setup of 2 hoppers and 2 joey's, I had been trying for years to wrangle 2nd hopper and I always got "sorry it's not available, not possible, we won't, we can't " well unless you cancel, then we can work something out..

JSracer
Audio Engineer
The 4k joey does not support pip
I got one about a month ago and relocated a joey 2.the 4k joey is way faster than the Joey 2. Very pleased from that point alone. I have the hopper3 4k joey, and 2 joey2

50$ plus a 2 year extension. I did get the service call waived though.