cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K and the Winter Olympics

Kovayne
Extra

Hey guys,

I was looking forward to watching the Winter Olympics in 4k but when I tune to the 4k channel, I get the message "Attetion Format Not Supported" with the error code 1540. I have a Vizio P Series 4K Tv and a Hopper 3. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

-K

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Beware! 4K Olympics not supported on Hopper3!?!?

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
If your TV does not support, HDR, it won’t be available for you.
28 Replies

Re: 4K and the Winter Olympics

Wilson216
Extra

I have the same problem.  Have been on the phone with dish tech support for about 45 minutes, two calls.  The first call ended with me realizing that I had to figure out how to manually set my TV monitor resolution to 4K.  After messing with my TV for 20 minutes, I came to the conclusion that the resolution is set automatically by the singnal it recieves when  making the HDMI connection.  I can't change it after the connection is made.  My second call was to ask "How can I force my Hopper 3 to send a 4K signal so that I can re-connect with 4K?"  The answer was "You can't."  So I'm online looking for a hack.  Can someone tell us how to force a Hopper 3 send a 4K signal?   

mojoback
Extra

I am getting the same error code. I have a Hopper 3 and a samsung 4k TV. I can view other 4k programming via netflix, youtube. I'm on "hold" in chat for about 20 more minutes...

mojoback
Extra

I just chatted with support and may have resolved my own issue.  Even though support said this was a known issue and my hopper would be added to the ticket, It's possible the error code is bogus. It looks like 4k programming doesn't start until 2p.m. ET today on channel 147-5.  I will be checking and will post back to the forum.

Josh
Camera Crew
Same issue and error code. Support said it may be the broadcast provider??? Highly irritated that I’ve paid for 4K broadcasting and they can’t get it figured out?

Beware! 4K Olympics not supported on Hopper3!?!?

Josh
Camera Crew
After waiting to watch the Winter Olympics on 4K... guess what? Not supported. 4K Sony... settings all auto... Hopper 3... and even though I can see the channel the format isn’t supported. After calling twice I’m told the broadcaster may be the issue? What in the world.

Buddalove
Extra

Same isse with LG EG9600. Is Dish having problems with the 4k Olympic broadcast? I checked my end and all is good. Chat help said it may be the broadcaster. Not cool.

Josh wrote:
After waiting to watch the Winter Olympics on 4K... guess what? Not supported. 4K Sony... settings all auto... Hopper 3... and even though I can see the channel the format isn’t supported. After calling twice I’m told the broadcaster may be the issue? What in the world.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
If your TV does not support, HDR, it won’t be available for you.

elmo
Character Actor

I have an LG that supports HDR via HDMI and am getting 4k HDR signal from Olympics channel 540 and 147-05 on my Hopper 3.

Josh
Camera Crew
...yes it does...