4K Ultra HD Tv and Hopper 3 compatibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K Ultra HD Tv and Hopper 3 compatibility

skoy2016
Costume Designer
My 70 inch Vizio (E701-A3E) tv is about to bite the dust. Less than 4 years old, and out of waranty. Apparently, this model has known issues with white spots and dark shadow (timing control board). My TV has both. I can deal with white spots (hard to see from distance) but the shadow is really bugging me (Bottom of the screen, and very obvious with a light color background). Vizio is willing to give some discount on a similiar model. They are willing to sell me a $1300 model, E70-E3 for $880.I am out of luck since I didn't buy extended warranty.

So, I am looking at different options. Same size and different manufacturers. At Amazon, most new tvs are 4K.
Some Samsung 4K tv users are complaining that their tvs aren't working well with Hopper 3. (I read those complaints here)

I know that Joey has to be 4k. Mine currently isn't. I believe Hopper 3 should work. Does Dish offer 4K channels? Do I have to subscribe to get 4K? Or does 4K tv offer better video with regular HD channels?
If I buy a new tv , I don't want to make any mistake. No need for OLED TV or one of the newest.

Will appreciate any suggestion. Thanks.
3 Replies

Re: 4K Ultra HD Tv and Hopper 3 compatibility

skoy2016
Costume Designer
Sorry, I forgot to mention. No unlimited internet at home. That means No Video On demand, No Netflix!! :cry: 4K tv will be connected to Joey 2 (that I currently have).

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I have the Vizio 55" P-Series UHDTV and I love it. There is a noticeable difference. That would ultimately be my recommendation.

DISH Employee
As of right now we do not have any specific channels for 4K. We do offer On Demand and PPV content in 4K. We have been looking into getting more 4K content that would be available in regular programming packages.