cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

322 can only get one signal (TV1 or TV2) at a time

426Hemi3
Character Actor

We currently have two 322's-------4 tv sets. Both units have worked fine for years. 

A few months back one of the 322's has only been able to get a signal for one tv at a time. Here's how it goes:

* Both TV1 and TV2 turned off. 

* Turn TV1 on, it gets a signal. 

* Turn TV2 on, no signal----never aquires one. 

* Shut both off. 

* Turn TV2 on, it gets a signal. 

* Turn TV1 on, no signal----never aquires one. 

Basically only one at a time and the first one on gets the signal-------never do both get a signal when both are on. 

I have:

* Unplugged, waited, and plugged back in.

* Pulled the card, waited, and put back in. 

* Checked modulator settings. 

* Did the check switch

* Swapped the two satelite cables (LNA, LNB?) going to our other 322 box with this one. 

I just got done chatting with a tech rep then an advanced tech rep. Conclusion was they have exhausted their troubleshooting checklist and can send out a technition for $95 or give me a DVD receiver and charge $10 more a month. 

That was the only options given to me other than sourcing out another 322 myself (322's phased out). 

Any suggestions or experience with this happening would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 322 can only get one signal (TV1 or TV2) at a time

DISH Employee

Hi, 426Hemi3!
These are outdated models of receivers. It does sound like at this point we would want to get a tech out there, or update your receiver. We should have an option to update your receiver without adding DVR services. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number on your account and the 4 digit PIN? 

7 Replies

Chadt4141
Casting Director
To clarify, you moved the receivers around? Sounds like a bad separator.

426Hemi3
Character Actor

Right Chad, I basically un plugged everything from both 322's and swapped. Still the same problem with the same unit. 

BTW, the dish is an older 500 with 4 cables coming out of it. 

Thanks for the reply!

Chadt4141
Casting Director
You didn’t move the cables with the receiver, correct?

426Hemi3
Character Actor

Correct, I pretty much swapped both 322's. Took one out, hooked the other one up in it's place. And again with the other. Trying to rule out the dish and associated cable. 

Also, we aren't using any separators. 4 coax's coming from the dish, into the house then hooked up to the recievers. 

DISH Employee

Hi, 426Hemi3!
These are outdated models of receivers. It does sound like at this point we would want to get a tech out there, or update your receiver. We should have an option to update your receiver without adding DVR services. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number on your account and the 4 digit PIN? 

426Hemi3
Character Actor

Many thanks to PamelaM for all the work. And also thanks Chad for the replies. 

The poor old 322 gave up the ghost. Dish did GREAT at getting me up and running again. Great outfit!

Again, much appreciated!

DISH Employee

Thanks so much for your patience and I'm glad to hear everything got resolved!