3 tech visits did not fix problem; is there a senior support team?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 tech visits did not fix problem; is there a senior support team?

MrsK
Character Actor

I am wondering whether it is possible to reach a senior support team through this forum.

Something went bad in our Dish service about 3 weeks ago. Every morning, when we turn on the TV, there is no service. The diagnostic screens show 0 of 0 tuners, and the satellite status page is blank, with 0 tuners, satellite Not Locked, 0 transponders, etc.

Telephone tech support seems to see each day as an isolated incident and all they can do is guide me through the reset process. Usually it takes two attempts. That means we can never watch the news in the morning until after an hour of "troubleshooting" every single day, and resetting the entire systems, sometimes multiple times. This is an unacceptable level of service.

There were 3 tech visits. Now they scheduled a 4th. The techs said everything is okay in the house. The equipment is plugged in right and is well ventilated. They have made repairs in the wiring. But I still have the same problem every morning.

Is there a senior tech support team that can help me by seeing the whole history of the problem and finding a resolution, not just responding to it as one isolated event after another? I have photographs of the diagnostics page taken every day, with the time and date of the occurrence, showing the problems.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Re: 3 tech visits did not fix problem; is there a senior support team?

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, MsrK!

Thank you for reaching out to us here. We are dedicated to getting your issue resolved wholly. Since this has been an on-going issue, let's take a closer look into this for you. An hour of troubleshooting each morning is never fun! 

Send us a private message with your phone number or 16-digit account number and 4-digit security code. You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

If you would be able to include those photos you mentioned, that would help as well! We look forward to hearing from you!

Mbowman06
Camera Crew

I have been having the same issue for months.  Search 0 of 0 tuners.  I had so many service calls a case manager called me.

I can make it happen by watching ROKU on my TV or playi g the Wii.  Do that for a half hour and the box will be 0 of 0 later in the day.

Our work around is to make sure the hopper is in standby when we are not watching programs on it.

Is your hopper turned off when you turn off your TV at night?

I am curious if the issue can be reproduced by somebody else.

DISH Employee

I personally know the frustration of ongoing technical issues. I'd be please t take a look into this issue for you. May you please provide me with your 4-digit security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?

MrsK
Character Actor

I could have written this post myself. Yes, the exact same problem is reproducible and happens to me in exactly the same way.

If I continue to use the TV with Roku after I stop watching live TV with Dish, the green light on the Hopper or Joey remains lit. That means, the receiver never goes into standby or inactivity, and this is what seems to set off the "0 of 0 tuners in use" malfunction. The only way to recover is to unplug the receiver at the wall outlet, and let the Hopper reset.  Every. Single. Morning.

I have also became a special "case" with Dish. But the problem is not the tech support team. The problem is atrocious engineering.

There is no dedicated button on the Dish 54 remote that allows you to make sure the Hopper or Joey go into standby and inactivity, which is required to avoid "0 of 0 tuners." There is one power button and it only works simultaneously on the TV and the receiver together. If you want to turn off only the Hopper or Joey, and continue to use the TV for Roku, Wii, etc., you're out of luck.  

I have found one workaround which worked for the past few nights. While the TV is still on a regular channel, use the 54.0 remote's Voice button to instruct the Hopper/Joey to "turn off." The green light will go off, and a screensaver will appear. Then you can use your TV's original remote (not the one provided by Dish) to switch your TV to a different input so you can use Roku, Wii, etc.

It should not be so hard to watch TV.