211K and new Hybrid Antenna -

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

211K and new Hybrid Antenna -

mickey53usa
Extra

After agreeing to an upgrade to a Hopper 3 DVR, and promised the new antenna would indeed work with the Hopper 3 and the 211K.
The technician coming today told me that no, the 211K receiver will not work with the Hybrid antenna that he is putting up for the Hopper 3. He stated I could leave the Dish 500 antenna in place and he would just put the Hybrid on a new mount -Don't know if that is going to happen. Since I move the 211K to the motorhome when needed, I guess I can have the 211K sit unused in the house and continue to pay for it and still use it in the Motorhome -

Been a customer for 18 years and have always purchased the equipment and antennas and did all the install myself. Now, I feel like I am getting ripped off by terrible information by people that just want to make a sale. Just as bad as a cellphone company

2 Replies

Re: 211K and new Hybrid Antenna -

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It can, just requires the DPH42 switch.

Re: 211K and new Hybrid Antenna -

DISH Employee

Mickey53usa, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Typically we do not install both the Hopper and older equipment in the same house because of the different requirements for the dish and wiring. I would be happy to take a closer look at your account to see what options we have.

Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code? Please follow the instructions found here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039