21.1 remote won't program

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21.1 remote won't program

jcd302
Character Actor
I hold the TV button and then all 4 buttons light flash, then go out.
As I press the code, the TV buttons lights, but when I press the # button to lock in the code, nothing happens. :evil:
15 Replies

Re: 21.1 remote won't program

DISH Employee
Sometimes, not all of our codes work with the TV manufacturer. However, I recommend that you use the following link to help you: https://www.mydish.com/support/products ... to-tvother . Make sure to select the "three-digit remote control code" for more code information.

jcd302
Character Actor
Re-Read my post.
When I press the # button, the light does not flash... it is not locking the code into the remote.

DISH Employee
What is the model of your TV?

jcd302
Character Actor
It is an Element.

DISH Employee
Thanks. Is this happening on all codes? Or just one? Also, have you tried to program the remote manually?
Highlighted

jcd302
Character Actor
I have tried it by entering codes as well as trying the up/down buttons.
I tried it with the other remote (2nd TV) and at least got the TV to turn off. But the "main" remote won't do anything when I hit the # button to lock the code in so I can try it.

DISH Employee
Let's try the scan method and see if the light does not flash after selecting the # button.

Have your TV on during this process. Press hold the TV button until all four mode lights appears then release and press the receiver power button. Now, press the up or down arrow button until the TV turns off once it does then press the # button. Let me know if the TV mode button does not light up. This process may take a few minutes while clicking on the up or down arrow button.

jcd302
Character Actor
I just spent 7 minutes hitting the UP button... nothing.

DISH Employee
Does the pound button on your remote work?