21.1 remote won't program

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21.1 remote won't program

dhowlan
Extra

The number 2 remote stopped functioning correctly yesterday. It began by not allowing the tv button to turn off the tv. Still, if the remote was set to tv, the larger power button would turn it off. Today, it wouldn't turn on the receiver. I sorted that by going into the receiver menu, hitting tv and then record 3 times, iirc.

At this point it doesn't control the tv at all, just the receiver. When i try to reprogram the remote to the tv, it goes as expected until the pound button. There is no confirmation flash and the remote still doesn't work. i've tried AUX as well as the TV buttons. I have confirmed the pound button will work in other ways, like to search for a program. Hit the pound button and the dialog to search for a show immediately comes up.

Is there some kind of hard reset or something else i can try to get it sorted out?

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 21.1 remote won't program

Bchan
Costume Designer
Try changing the batteries. When the batteries start going bad, it won't let you reprogram and the IR stuff (tv and aux for tv2) go first. You don't already see the remote low battery message, give that a shot.

dhowlan
Extra

Thanks. Yes, I did that. I also tried removing the batteries and pushing the power button 10 times as it was mentioned elsewhere to get the remote as reset as possible.

To add to the info, I verified the tv is able to receive an ir signal by using an old dish remote. Also, I was able to confirm the 21.1 remote is actually programmed to the tv (at least by code) by entering ##. So the pound key definitively works, and the tv is able to receive a signal. The only thing i can think of is the IR signal isn't being sent. The receiver operates via uhf and the remote does that perfectly.

DISH Employee

Hello dhowlan, I will be glad to help with this. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can access your account?