2 Hoppers and DVR functions issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Hoppers and DVR functions issue

joha
Extra

When I view a DVR recording from the other hopper3 I lose the ability to rewind/pause/fastforward.  Viewing recordings on the same hopper3 and all functions work correctly.

Is this a software, hardware, or settings issue?

28 Replies

Re: 2 Hoppers and DVR functions issue

DISH Employee

Do you have the same software version on both Hopper 3s? To get the software version, press the Home button 3 times. If you don't have a Home button, it will be a Menu button twice. What software version do you have listed on both Hoppers?

Usmaak
Camera Crew

I am having this exact same issue. I have two Hopper 3 DVRs. I can only watch Hopper A shows on Hopper A. If I try to watch them on Hopper B, then I cannot pause, for, or rewind. I just noticed it this week. I have rebooted each of them and they both have the exact same software and firmware. 

DISH Employee

Have you permanently transferred the recording? When you play the recording on the original Hopper are you able to pause/fast forward/rewind?

Usmaak
Camera Crew

If I play Hopper A sows on Hopper A, it works just fine. The problem happens when I watch a show from one Hopper on a different Hopper. This wasn’t a problem a few weeks ago. 

DISH Employee

Are you able to transfer the recording to the other Hopper? 

Usmaak
Camera Crew

How do I transfer shows between hoppers via wireless? I don’t have a separate hard drive and there is no way for me to plug them in with Ethernet. 

DISH Employee

Currently there is not a way to transfer the recordings wirelessly. The Ethernet cable connecting two Hoppers or external hard drive would be the only way. 

Usmaak
Camera Crew

Ok. Well trying that is not an option for me. 

Like I said, this issue just started happening in the last couple of weeks. It has something to do with trying to watch a show from one Hopper on a different Hopper. That is one of the main reasons why I got and continue to stick with dish. I am not the only one reporting this issue. 

DISH Employee

Usmaak, this is an issue we have received many reports on recently and it has been escalated to our Engineering Team for research into the issue. To make sure that your information is included in the escalation report, I will be sending you a Private Message so I may get the account and equipment information. This will allow for your equipment to be targeted once a resolution has been found.